Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Ricoh Aficio 2035eG Printer Option Connectivity

Have a Ricoh Aficio 2035eG that customer was printing to until their IT tech (who they can't get to come back) upgraded their network. I have recently been trying to resolve the problem. The copier is plugged into it's own wireless router. When I add a printer/copier to the computer, using the required print driver, I can't get the copier to print nor can the copier be pinged.

I then moved the copier to what I believe is the main router and tested it again while connected to it, yet it still won't print. However, I can now ping to it. Why can the copier be pinged yet won't print. Is there a possibility that I am pinging something else with the same IP address, and if so, why does it constantly do the same thing when I have changed the IP several times? One of the last things I did was manually change my IP address on my laptop to match the one on their computer. I then connected a crossover cable from my laptop to the copier, added the copier/printer, and was able to print to the copier.

An additional note is that I also tried syncing a WIFI extender to their existing router to mimic their network settings. I had hoped that any interference between the main router and the secondary router would be eliminated by setting it up in this manner. However, I was unsuccessful in syncing the two.

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Aficio 2035eG Printer Option Connectivity

I see this is a “G” model, meaning “government”.

This isn’t in a government location, is it? Or did it come from a government location?

Does it have CAC installed?

If “yes” to any of the above, a whole different set of rules apply.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Did you set the device to DHCP and test?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I see this is a “G” model, meaning “government”.

This isn’t in a government location, is it? Or did it come from a government location?

Does it have CAC installed?

If “yes” to any of the above, a whole different set of rules apply.
    If you are referring to what I think you are referring, it is special GSA pricing for local governments. It does not mean compliant to any any Defense Department security requirements.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Since you can print through the crossover cable there is no "CAC" settings needed and nothing wrong with the machine.

Might be possible that there is a firewall issue blocking the print stream in some way. It is a network issue. When you are able to ping the device on the network can you open the webpage of the copier?

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

I'm guessing redundant fixed IP or DHCP allocation problem....

A new or changed DHCP server white list might be allocating to a different subnet?
    I.T. may have never set or reserved the same fixed network IP address for the old MFD.

Has IT changed the DNS servers IP, or the primary-secondary order of the DNS server IP?
    Try changing the order of the DNS servers IP address inside the MFD network configuration....

Re. Corrupt print-server SD card.
    I can't remember if you need a print-server SD card in slot-1 in that model machine, to allow printing over the network.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you are referring to what I think you are referring, it is special GSA pricing for local governments. It does not mean compliant to any any Defense Department security requirements.
    I understand that, there is nothing special about a “G” model...per se.

It’s just that only government can purchase “G” models, and that’s where CAC lives.

When CAC gets installed, there are a ton of network settings that get changed, that are not a part of CAC, that manually get changed. Even if CAC gets uninstalled, these settings will remain until changed back.

A bunch of these settings don’t normally get touched, so they are very easily overlooked.

That is why the “G” distinction should raise a big red flag.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    When CAC gets installed, there are a ton of network settings that get changed, that are not a part of CAC, that manually get changed. Even if CAC gets uninstalled, these settings will remain until changed back.
    Please read mincopier's post 2 posts before yours. Also read the original post, the 2035 was working before the network was working.