Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    RemoteTech Syncing

RemoteTech Syncing

hi guys,

not sure if this is the right forum but ill give it a whirl- our company have bought this new Call logging software called RemoteTech, its from the USA, does anyone else use it? Find it a right pain, but i keep getting a syncing error and the background goes red. We have been told different ways of clearing the error, syncing using a pc, clearing cache on the mobile phone, but it still apears on the android phone. It doesnt appear on the pc though. I thought it was a network issue as if its a weak signal takes ages to try and sync but comes up with the error again. Help!

tks

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    RemoteTech Syncing

Re: RemoteTech Syncing

we use it here in the heartland, just got upgraded to a newer version. They moved somethings around that were hard to find at first. Don't get much sync errors with the i diot phone unless there's bad cell coverage in the area or in some buildings. once you get used to it , it's ok. Can't get it to run on the laptop with Firefox or IE, only chrome seams to work.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Don't worry about the sync error. My phone constantly has this error but I have not had any problems closing any of my calls. Seems like once it comes up it is a pain to get rid of. I just stopped trying since the everything worked.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Yes it's a pain at first, and a little clunky. But once you are able to use all its features it has made the service part of our company very efficient, and the ability to easily see past work on the equipment and items used on previous calls by other techs, it has saved me much guesswork.

The sync error. It happens when there is an update, and there is a conflict with the update and your cookies. Simply delete cache and cookies, and the red sync error background will go away.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    we use it here in the heartland, just got upgraded to a newer version. They moved somethings around that were hard to find at first. Don't get much sync errors with the i diot phone unless there's bad cell coverage in the area or in some buildings. once you get used to it , it's ok. Can't get it to run on the laptop with Firefox or IE, only chrome seams to work.
    Best app for android so far is Via browser.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

This Space For Rent 100+ Posts JimHegs's Avatar

I have been using RemoteTech for 10+ years and it's a pretty good product with some nice improvements coming in future releases. A few things have been causing syncing issue lately.

#1 - Inside e-automate go to TOOLS >> CLEAR IN-USE STATUS and clean out any orphaned calls. This doesn't happen very often but it can and it's an easy place to get to but you'll need Administrator access for this function.

#2 - a recent iOS update changed the way iOS caching worked and it broke RemoteTech from iOS devices, I guess this has been recently fixed, ECi (e-automate) should have some info on the fix if your having problems like that.

#3 - if you have an isolated problem with one user, try clearing the cache data for your specific RemoteTech URL on the device.

I'm working from memory so if you need more specific instructions just let me kn know.

Also, the product is being migrated from a web based tool to an App which will allow more features and help avoid issues that come with having to support multiple browers. Not sure when but it's "coming soon"
    Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/JimHegs

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHegs View Post
    I have been using RemoteTech for 10+ years and it's a pretty good product with some nice improvements coming in future releases. A few things have been causing syncing issue lately.

#1 - Inside e-automate go to TOOLS >> CLEAR IN-USE STATUS and clean out any orphaned calls. This doesn't happen very often but it can and it's an easy place to get to but you'll need Administrator access for this function.

#2 - a recent iOS update changed the way iOS caching worked and it broke RemoteTech from iOS devices, I guess this has been recently fixed, ECi (e-automate) should have some info on the fix if your having problems like that.

#3 - if you have an isolated problem with one user, try clearing the cache data for your specific RemoteTech URL on the device.

I'm working from memory so if you need more specific instructions just let me kn know.

Also, the product is being migrated from a web based tool to an App which will allow more features and help avoid issues that come with having to support multiple browers. Not sure when but it's "coming soon"

I have been using this for about 5 years - not a bad piece of software, somewhat clunky, but it actually works excellent assuming your front end staff know how to use e-automate and your inventory logistics are good...which is usually the harder part for smaller dealers.

Working again on iPhone since 11.4 update - will work on Chrome, and Safari. You can also try using Dolphin when updates break some of the caching functionality.

Usually sync error can be cleared by clearing the history on iphone within the browser. Not sure about Android.

This Space For Rent 100+ Posts JimHegs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    Usually sync error can be cleared by clearing the history on iphone within the browser. Not sure about Android.
    Same with Andriod.
    Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/JimHegs