Thread: Remote Tech

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Remote Tech

Figure there are a few remote tech users here. I got a new computer and can't login to remote tech because it's http not https. Anyone else having this issue?

Tried:
    Firefox newest version.
    Firefox v50
    Chrome
    IE
    Edge

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Remote Tech

Have you tried cleaning your cache and cookies?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Remote Tech

What's the exact message it gives you when you try to login? We ran into an issue recently where it was telling us something about the Secure Connection. What I did, was save remote tech to my favorites, then went back tried to login, but get the error message, minimize that tab, and then go back and click on remote tech in my favorites, and it would open it then. Had to have our supervisor work with the E-auto rep to get it figured out. Other techs were able to open it using Opera browser.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Remote Tech

When I setup our Remote Tech install I set it to https only..eauto was like.."why you do this?" ...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

ECI put out a statement that chrome .70 does not work.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    When I setup our Remote Tech install I set it to https only..eauto was like.."why you do this?" ...
    Remote Tech

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Roll chrome back to v.69 (per our IT dept )

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Remote Tech

• Removing Chrome v.70 and installing an older version, such as v.69
    • Changing the URL from manifestloader/manifestloader.exe to online/pcalls.aspx

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

More info...
    Chrome says: "...connecting to server..." and never connects (let it sit for 4 hours)

Edge says: "downloading updates 58%" and never finishes (let it sit for 4 hours)

Firefox and Internet explorer say: "The browser application cache is unavailable at this time. Please ensure the application cache is not disabled and you are not using this application in a private browsing session.Please login again. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator."

After much googling, installing firefox v40, v50, rolling back chrome, flushing DNS, deleting cookies, removing any security with browsers, and adding the site as trusted no luck. I can login from my phone and home computer so I know the site works.

********FIXED*******
    Wanna know what worked? Installed some browser called "Puffin". Never heard of it but it is now my favorite program.
    Thanks for the replies and I hope this saves someone some trouble in the future!

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Probably can't connect to the security certificate server to verify the web site certificate is valid.

IMHO when using HTTPS://:
    When your browser connects to a certificate server I believe a browser can be hijacked from advert bots with a false certificate so the bot can jamb advert aware code all over your PC. Of coarse the certificate coming from the ad-bot server would be valid(stolen) so your browse accepts the connection which then causes a software connection bull-run with the real server and bot server until your browser times out. (4 hours). It just a theory that I have been trying to track down....

aside....
    I hope to get around to posting all the hacked windows\system32 *.exe files that allows the military grade stuxnet software to turn all PC's web browser into the equivalent of slug poo. I had a stroke of luck just recent that allowed the hacked files to show up with a personal scan. There must be at least 30 files that are hacked at the same time. The hacked *.EXE files cause faults ranging from false $recycle(r).bin, formatted USB tracks on a thumb drive. Hacked scvhost/server files. False Windows Updating so as to continually download your private information and upload hacked/overlayed files. Hidden windows services running in the background. Hooked audio adapter, Hooked video adapter. EFUI boot firmware injection.WiFi adapter injection. Random file deletes(worm holes) on backup drives. Elevated (ghost) system administrator privileges. Process ID capture/slowing of virus scanning or file saving software. Hooked Keyboard ,and of coarse sloooowwwing your PC down to the equivalent of useful slug poo. There a few more faults that this bug ware causes...

I haven't put any more time into tracking down this garbage ware but the above PC symptoms should assist those in IT who are having similar issues.

Interesting though(from and IT perspective), you gota' take your hat off to the r-holes.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 10-25-2018 at 10:36 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••