Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Printer web interface disabled

I'm working on a Bizhub 3622 (Lexmark MX321) that has the web interface seemingly disabled (IP address set as 0.0.0.0 as per customer instructions) and because of an incorrect setting, I can't get into admin mode to change it. Is it possible to connect to this via hostname or some other method? I'm probably going to be using my laptop and crossover cable.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Printer web interface disabled

Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    I'm working on a Bizhub 3622 (Lexmark MX321) that has the web interface seemingly disabled (IP address set as 0.0.0.0 as per customer instructions) and because of an incorrect setting, I can't get into admin mode to change it. Is it possible to connect to this via hostname or some other method? I'm probably going to be using my laptop and crossover cable.
    You can't get into admin mode directly on the machine itself and manually set an IP Address??? Why is the IP Address set to 0.0.0.0 ???...Printer web interface disabled

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The customer wanted it set that way to disable networking (copier & fax only). And I must have checked off the wrong box somewhere because I can't access the admin mode from the control panel.

The customer wanted it set that way to disable networking (copier & fax only). And I must have checked off the wrong box somewhere because I can't access the admin mode from the control panel.
    You'll probably have to go into meter->service mode to reset & clear all system settings. If I remember correctly, it is a type of memory clear, like a revert to Factory default settings. Good Luck!!!Printer web interface disabled

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Unfortunately that also requires a login that it won't allow. "No login method configured" is the message I get when trying to enter admin or service modes.

But I do know I can login via the web interface if there's some other way to access it. If the static IP is 0.0.0.0, can I still connect via hostname?

Unfortunately that also requires a login that it won't allow. "No login method configured" is the message I get when trying to enter admin or service modes.

But I do know I can login via the web interface if there's some other way to access it. If the static IP is 0.0.0.0, can I still connect via hostname?
    What does it hurt to try???Printer web interface disabled...as long as you know what the hostname is!!!...and with a crossover cable.

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Can you *NOT* login to service mode through the meter details method and reset to factory settings?!Printer web interface disabled

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Can you *NOT* login to service mode through the meter details method and reset to factory settings?!Printer web interface disabled

Nope. "No login method configured." I'm locked out of pretty much everything.

I may try going back and accessing it via host name, but I just wanted to see if it's even possible first.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Printer web interface disabled

you will never be able to see the device in a network that has ANY IP range other than 0.0.0.0!

their network is somewhere in the common ranges 192.XXX.XXX or a 010.XXX.XXX.XXX more than likely.

hook your laptop up to machine w. crossover.. set machine to 192.168.1.1 set laptop up to 192.168.1.2 ( you may have to reboot once changes saved. )
    go to command line... do your "ping" command... of results good.. go to WIM and try to login as admin.

if all good ( print reports ) go to customer and inform them the printer MUST be set in an active IP Range for their network. Then set up either account codes on copier or set printer rights... any passwords used.. write down make copy .. 1 to you 1 to IT

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    you will never be able to see the device in a network that has ANY IP range other than 0.0.0.0!

their network is somewhere in the common ranges 192.XXX.XXX or a 010.XXX.XXX.XXX more than likely.

hook your laptop up to machine w. crossover.. set machine to 192.168.1.1 set laptop up to 192.168.1.2 ( you may have to reboot once changes saved. )
    go to command line... do your "ping" command... of results good.. go to WIM and try to login as admin.

if all good ( print reports ) go to customer and inform them the printer MUST be set in an active IP Range for their network. Then set up either account codes on copier or set printer rights... any passwords used.. write down make copy .. 1 to you 1 to IT
    Hey Phil B.....Apparently you didn't read the part where it says he can't login to admin mode to change/ add the IP ADDRESS!!!Printer web interface disabled

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!