Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: SMB scanning with Windows 10 issue

hi..this might be a stuiped question.but have you checked if the SMB 1 PORT IS STILL OPEN..win 10 has a update that closes port 1 security reason

in run type power shell

wait for it to boot up..then type
    Get-SmbServerConfiguration

check to see if EnableSmb1protocol is true if false then port is blocked....no smb scanning via port 1.in a canon mc they have brought out special firmare for that..as far as i understand kyo hasnt worried to much about it.i could be wrong but i normally use a typsoft ftp program..very simple to sety up..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by petermays View Post
    hi..this might be a stuiped question.but have you checked if the SMB 1 PORT IS STILL OPEN..win 10 has a update that closes port 1 security reason

in run type power shell

wait for it to boot up..then type
    Get-SmbServerConfiguration

check to see if EnableSmb1protocol is true if false then port is blocked....no smb scanning via port 1.in a canon mc they have brought out special firmare for that..as far as i understand kyo hasnt worried to much about it.i could be wrong but i normally use a typsoft ftp program..very simple to sety up..
    SMBv1 can be enabled in Win 10 through the Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows Features On or Off.
    SMB scanning with Windows 10 issueSMB scanning with Windows 10 issue

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    SMB scanning with Windows 10 issue

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    SMBv1 can be enabled in Win 10 through the Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows Features On or Off.
    SMB scanning with Windows 10 issueSMB scanning with Windows 10 issue

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    SMB 1 has security issues.. that's why W10 has it turned off... IF this machine is in a controlled network environment... the tech could be in for a lawsuit if anything gets into the intranet and servers.

The KM-4050 is in a church day-care center, so I don't think security is a high priority here. I haven't been able to get back there (the office manager was on vacation), that's the reason for my delay in responding to everyone. I do appreciate the responses, and yes, I had checked the "Turn Windows Features On or Off". All 3 boxes are checked. Stay tuned..... Jeff M.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff M. View Post
    Hi all: Thanks for your replies. Well, I went back yesterday to continue with the M2035 issue, and... it was working! ???
    Thanks for letting us know it's working. From what I hear this is typical of Windows 10. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. We didn't have these issues with Win 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff M. View Post
    Hi all.

I sell Kyocera, and I usually set up SMB scan when the customer wants scanning. Most times it works fine, a few times Kaspersky or McAfee blocks it but can get around that. It seems lately I'm having more problems with 2101 errors on Windows 10. I had two just today, one with a KM-4050 and one with an M2035mfp. Both are using Windows 10 (I don't know what version, but I will find that out. Honestly, I didn't know there were different versions until this forum. I still use Win 7 on my shop computer. I'm not an IT guy, just a small two man shop who needs to connect these basically on my own. 90% of the time I can get it working. In reading these posts, there are some things I don't fully understand, and hopefully can get some info from those more knowledgeable than I.

Here's what I've done: I've created a folder on the root of "C" drive, shared it with everyone and changed to Read/Write. Made sure user name and password were correct, checked on "Turn on or off Windows Features" and made sure SMB boxes were all checked. Tried both host name and IP address, and as far as I know, any firewall is turned off (one doesn't have one except windows firewall,
    Pnr Status TextNow VPN and the other I definitely shut off), and always get a 2101 error .

I did not check DNS settings (I didn't think about it, but I thought that only mattered with host name). I don't know if port 139 or 445 is on, I don't know how to check that. The KM-4050 uses port 139 and the M2035 uses port 445.

Both the 4050 and M2035 are currently being used for scanning by 4 or 5 other computers (I believe all windows 7 or 8), both locations just want to add an additional computer and user.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks! Jeff M
    hi
    you can read this:
    Kyocera TA-8001i scan to smb error 2101

I primarily sell Konica Minolta and have had some issues recently with scan to SMB. All issues i've had have been resolved by updating windows to the latest version. Version 1809 should be the latest as of today. To verify your windows version open up CMD and type winver. Hope this helps.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This has just started happening again on Windows 10. We have checked all the usual suspects for set up. Everything is set up correctly. I was getting LOGIN ERRORS,, and SEVER CONNECT ERRORS. Can't seem to find the fault here. It is a lot like the Windows 7 SMB scanning from the beginning of January.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SMB scanning with Windows 10 issue

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    This has just started happening again on Windows 10. We have checked all the usual suspects for set up. Everything is set up correctly. I was getting LOGIN ERRORS,, and SEVER CONNECT ERRORS. Can't seem to find the fault here. It is a lot like the Windows 7 SMB scanning from the beginning of January.
    Thank you Microsoft weekly updates.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Latest update fow Windows 10 is from February 12, 2019—KB4487044 (OS Build 17763.316).
    Could not find related complaints in net like few months ago, but it may be too early.
    It's annoying to jump from one to another customer like squirell in a cage(due to M$ blushes) instead of dealing with real problems.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.