Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar

Ricoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scan

Trying to find a way for security purposes that requires the end user to have a scan folder set up but have to enter their credentials for the scan folder each time ?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every sca

Quote Originally Posted by tjvincent View Post
    Trying to find a way for security purposes that requires the end user to have a scan folder set up but have to enter their credentials for the scan folder each time ?
    WHY???Ricoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scan...scan to folder is uni-directional NOT bi-directional!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Re: Ricoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every sca

This is at a university where the address book is set up by I.T. admins but due to security rules they are not allowed to know the passwords for each individual account.

This is at a university where the address book is set up by I.T. admins but due to security rules they are not allowed to know the passwords for each individual account.
    OK...so you're saying there isn't a scanner account that is setup on the domain for "write only" access to scan folders???Ricoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scan...someone ain't playin' with a full deck of cards here!!!Ricoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scanRicoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scanRicoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scanRicoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scan

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Good thought, so if i suggest they set up an account that can only write to the folder and that would be what the admin uses to create the scan, then the end user would still have read/write privileges.

Good thought, so if i suggest they set up an account that can only write to the folder and that would be what the admin uses to create the scan, then the end user would still have read/write privileges.
    Admin has #godmode superuser privileges! DUH!Ricoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scanRicoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scanRicoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scan...they can do ANYTHING they want!!! ...so making a domain wide write only access (not read & not execute) for end user folder locations should be no problem at all....that is, if the IT Administrator is worth his/her salt!!!Ricoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scanRicoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scanRicoh scan to folder that requires user to input user name/password for every scan

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Windows Authentication will do the job, Kerberos or Ntlm options