Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Unhappy I can not print with Hight sierra 10.13 by Canon Irc ADV 2020i,

I can not print with Hight sierra 10.13 by Canon Irc ADV 2020i,

I have a computer that I can not print for the Adv IRC2020i canon and all the other posts are Windows and there is no problem,
    from the Mac I can access the RUI of the machine so I understand that if there is connectivity,
    I have added the driver that corresponds to him without success,
    in the machine are all protocols references to Mac activated,

any suggestions ??

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Re: I can not print with Hight sierra 10.13 by Canon Irc ADV 2020i,

When you say you added the driver that corresponds with the 2020i, was that the PPD or UFRII?

The 2020i doesn't come standard with postscript so the PPD won't work unless they bought the PS license. At the 2020i look in the counter check and go to the last page and look for a PS license. Or in service mode under display>version and see if a PS version is present.

If you installed the UFRII driver you may have to delete the printer and re-add it in the System preferences. Mac's don't separate drivers like Windows. If you had a previous UFRII driver installed, it's possible the UFRII driver is corrupted. The best approach it to completely uninstall UFRII, reboot and reinstall the UFRII driver. Then add the printer in the system preferences.

Technician

Re: I can not print with Hight sierra 10.13 by Canon Irc ADV 2020i,

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    When you say you added the driver that corresponds with the 2020i, was that the PPD or UFRII?

The 2020i doesn't come standard with postscript so the PPD won't work unless they bought the PS license. At the 2020i look in the counter check and go to the last page and look for a PS license. Or in service mode under display>version and see if a PS version is present.

If you installed the UFRII driver you may have to delete the printer and re-add it in the System preferences. Mac's don't separate drivers like Windows. If you had a previous UFRII driver installed, it's possible the UFRII driver is corrupted. The best approach it to completely uninstall UFRII, reboot and reinstall the UFRII driver. Then add the printer in the system preferences.

Obviously the driver the UFRII since the machine is not Poscript, I am aware.
    The driver is correct, is there any option to check on the computer? Is there any protocol or option to check on the computer?