Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: IPv6 error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Koper
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    IPv6 error

    Hi!
    We have Konica Minolta 554 network printer, which is working fine over IPv4. But trying to set a static IPv6 address we get Gateway Address Unsuitable value error. What could be wrong? How can we get the right Gateway?

    Thanks for all help.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    IPv6 error

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,402
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: IPv6 error

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordana View Post
    Hi!
    We have Konica Minolta 554 network printer, which is working fine over IPv4. But trying to set a static IPv6 address we get Gateway Address Unsuitable value error. What could be wrong? How can we get the right Gateway?

    Thanks for all help.
    Why do you need to use IPV6 ? Turn it off & use IPV4.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Koper
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IPv6 error

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Why do you need to use IPV6 ? Turn it off & use IPV4.

    We have a new wifi Eduroam network that works only over IPv6. So if I want to use that fast network on my laptop I need the printer on IPv6.

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: IPv6 error

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordana View Post
    We have a new wifi Eduroam network that works only over IPv6. So if I want to use that fast network on my laptop I need the printer on IPv6.
    I suggest you pose your Question to Eduroam as it is the networking device causing the "problem"!!! If IPv6 on the MFP is set to DHCP then you should be able to map a printing path to the MFP with hostname regardless of what the IP address is. IPv6 error

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here