Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Monitoring Tools

Hi all just wondering if anybody has any experiance working with monitoring tools. We have been using a software package for a little while but find it very basic and restrictive in what it can do and the control you have over each device. We are just looking to monitor meter readings, consumable requests and if possible set separate settings for each device within the same customer i.e. some devices sending request for toner while others do no but still sending meter readings. Anybody able to recommend Monitoring tools that they are using.

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

Re: Monitoring Tools

Depending on your model and brand, for instance Ricoh, may have Auto-Email notifications for errors in the Web interface and a meter E-mail via SP Mode. I've tested this with a Ricoh and it alerts me and sends Counter readings at a stated time.

Here are some reference material for Ricoh as that is where my experience lays.

Printer Status Notification by E-Mail

Auto E-mail Notification

The SP mode information can be found with a search here. I don't have the specific SP codes on hand at the moment.
    Hope this helps, have a great day!

Are you a dealer for any specific model? Canon, Kyocera, Ricoh? Most have something or can recommend software.
    Last edited by kuby; 02-21-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iman View Post
    Hi all just wondering if anybody has any experiance working with monitoring tools. We have been using a software package for a little while but find it very basic and restrictive in what it can do and the control you have over each device. We are just looking to monitor meter readings, consumable requests and if possible set separate settings for each device within the same customer i.e. some devices sending request for toner while others do no but still sending meter readings. Anybody able to recommend Monitoring tools that they are using.

Thanks
    Printfleet is the industry standard.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Second vote for PrintFleet. We use it mainly with Konica Minolta, but it's not limited to.
    I created different views for, toners, consumables, counters. It can easy be setup to send alerts at events, etc. Every manufacturer seems to have its own, but I tried alot and they have some limitations, especially not paid.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Second vote for PrintFleet. We use it mainly with Konica Minolta, but it's not limited to.
    I created different views for, toners, consumables, counters. It can easy be setup to send alerts at events, etc. Every manufacturer seems to have its own, but I tried alot and they have some limitations, especially not paid.
    Plus, Printfleet is SECURE!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Print Tracker

We use Print Audit, Printfleet and Kyocera Fleet Services ( KFS ) by Kyocera. If you are a Kyo or Copystar dealer, use KFS. It blows them all away. Print audit is our # 2, printfleet is last. PrintAudit is good for multi line dealers that have several manufacturers but it's technology is lacking; devices fall off their ICE often. We have had best results with KFS because we can do so much with it. We can push out firmware, we can upload / download to the device, send panel notifications, see logs, I have even found a way to remotely lock machines for clients who do not pay their bills. Our AR loves this feature.