Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Mac OS Mojave job accounting

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Ummm...CUPS--Common Unix Printing System (server) is the CORE management system for printers/drivers on all *nix OS's...all printing defaults get pushed to other programs. Apple has made it so you *HAVE TO* enter an admin password to modify printing defaults in CUPS!!!Mac OS Mojave job accounting

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I do know what CUPS is. I use a MAC everyday. I just never tried configuring with CUPS. I'm just cautious about using terminal on a customer's computer.

I have also found it to be convenient to the customer by creating "presets" when I input the "User Code". Yes finding the location that particular print driver wants the code inputted can be a hassle compared to being in the same place each time in CUPS.

Do you have specific directions on the "User Code" placement within CUPS? I understand how to get in but others may not.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    I do know what CUPS is. I use a MAC everyday. I just never tried configuring with CUPS. I'm just cautious about using terminal on a customer's computer.

I have also found it to be convenient to the customer by creating "presets" when I input the "User Code". Yes finding the location that particular print driver wants the code inputted can be a hassle compared to being in the same place each time in CUPS.

Do you have specific directions on the "User Code" placement within CUPS? I understand how to get in but others may not.
    Are you a user or are you a USER!!!

cupsctl webinterface=yes - Google Search

Permanently set printer User Code - Lanie… - Apple Community

Mac OS Mojave job accounting

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keithxxiii View Post
    The latest printer driver for ricoh says "the user ID specified in the driver user interface might not be reflected unless the user interface is opened through specific applications".
    Usually when we setup user code authentication, it is configured on the printing preferences. Now with this new OS, that feature is missing.

Check that your using the latest PPD for that MAC from the Ricoh site. If your configuring a Savin or another RFG brand machine make sure your using that brands PPD.It makes a difference. If you let the MAC configure the driver without downloading the manufactures PPD you will not have all the options available. I use the IP setting plus the HP Jetdirect Protocol when I set up MACs to print. I checked a IMC 4500 and found the settings under "job log".Same place as the other RFG PPDs that I have tested/set-up.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    i have a customer with a Kyocera 3051. they got a new employee and this version of mac has Mojave and the job accounting only shows preset numbers...which are not even close the what everyone else is using. Is there a way to specify a specific accounting number, and if so how.
    Newer Kyocera MAC driver are setup like Windows KX driver interface. under Job accounting you should have a choice use specific code or from a list.

kyocera_options.jpg