Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    0

    Can't connect to router or get outside network

    I have a KM bizhub 287 that can't scan to the customer's offsite email server. After some checking I found that it can't ping the router, but it can ping the other computers on the network. All one subnet. This happens whether it's on static or DHCP.

    Obviously it's a problem with the ISP-provided router, but the customer's ISP won't admit to it. Any idea what could be causing this?

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Can't connect to router or get outside network

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    4,896
    Rep Power
    81

    Re: Can't connect to router or get outside network

    Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    I have a KM bizhub 287 that can't scan to the customer's offsite email server. After some checking I found that it can't ping the router, but it can ping the other computers on the network. All one subnet. This happens whether it's on static or DHCP.

    Obviously it's a problem with the ISP-provided router, but the customer's ISP won't admit to it. Any idea what could be causing this?
    are you it isn't an SMB issue?

    win7 & 10 affected.

  3. #3
    RTFM!! 2,500+ Posts allan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,517
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Can't connect to router or get outside network

    By router do you mean the gateway? Could be that they are using MAC address filtering.
    Whatever

  4. #4
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Can't connect to router or get outside network

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    17,527
    Rep Power
    295

    Re: Can't connect to router or get outside network

    We had a large customer that used a whitelist to identify suitable SMTP senders. So even though I knew the credentials, the SMTP server would not accept emails if the sender was not on the whitelist. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  5. #5
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Can't connect to router or get outside network

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,579
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: Can't connect to router or get outside network

    Quote Originally Posted by mascan42 View Post
    I have a KM bizhub 287 that can't scan to the customer's offsite email server. After some checking I found that it can't ping the router, but it can ping the other computers on the network. All one subnet. This happens whether it's on static or DHCP.

    Obviously it's a problem with the ISP-provided router, but the customer's ISP won't admit to it. Any idea what could be causing this?

    Go to one of the customers PC, in search box type "CMD" & type "ipconfig" press enter, now enter the gateway subnet mask & DNS into the copier.
    Also from the command prompt type "ipconfig/all" note the DNS & enter this into the copier also.

    No need to reboot the copier, & try a scan again.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Can't connect to router or get outside network

    Don't know if this is relevant, or helps....I've just installed a C227 to replace a C224, both using the same gmail account, and both using the same IP, the new m/c would scan to email, kept getting "server connect error" code "107", the gmail account was fine as I could log into it, I set up the gmail account on our showroom m/c and it worked, downloaded the settings via USB from showroom to customers m/c..just in case I'd done it wrong, still wouldn't work...initialized network & started again....still got the same error...thought I'd try a different IP....so changed the last 2 digits from 13 to 14 and it worked...it would appear that when the new m/c was installed...the IP got "blacklisted"
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Bix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Can't connect to router or get outside network

    Hi, the reason for this problem could be anything:
    - DNS not configured.
    - Incorrect network parameters.
    - Router ports blocked.
    - Active firewall.
    - MAC address filter.
    And more...

  8. #8
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Kimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Can't connect to router or get outside network

    Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Don't know if this is relevant, or helps....I've just installed a C227 to replace a C224, both using the same gmail account, and both using the same IP, the new m/c would scan to email, kept getting "server connect error" code "107", the gmail account was fine as I could log into it, I set up the gmail account on our showroom m/c and it worked, downloaded the settings via USB from showroom to customers m/c..just in case I'd done it wrong, still wouldn't work...initialized network & started again....still got the same error...thought I'd try a different IP....so changed the last 2 digits from 13 to 14 and it worked...it would appear that when the new m/c was installed...the IP got "blacklisted"
    This is first thing i do when i have an issue, set device to DHCP and let it pick up network settings and new IP. I have one customer that scanning to office365 kept failing and changing IP would resolve the issue. Also have a council contract that only allows scan to folder if domain is configured.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oakdale, Mn
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Can't connect to router or get outside network

    I'm with copiertech on this one. An incorrect gateway won't allow you outside of the network, and incorrect DNS won't allow you to connect to the name of the offsite server. I wouldn't assume that there is a problem with their ISP-provided router...

  10. #10
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Can't connect to router or get outside network

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    are you it isn't an SMB issue?

    win7 & 10 affected.
    SMB only affects scan to folder, the OP has issue with email.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here