Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Can't Connect Copier via TCP/IP but Can Ping and Access WIM

Hi, all. I am currently trying to set up a Ricoh MP CW2201SP for a client but I am running into an issue I can't get resolved. I set the machine up to be on a static IP which seems fine since I can ping it and access the WIM but the PC can't find the machine once I begin installing the driver and enter the IP address.

This customer also has a Ricoh copier that was set up a previous time and it works just fine. I can ping it, access the WIM, and install new drivers for it as you'd expect. So I swapped over the same ethernet cable from the working machine over to the CW2201 and also used the working IP on the CW2201 in an attempt to see if it would change anything but that was not the case.

Has anyone ever ran into this issue? Are there any settings I can look into? Is it possible there is a firewall or permissions setting I need to change? Or is there any other tests I can possibly attempt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Can't Connect Copier via TCP/IP but Can Ping and Access WIM

First thing i do is leave copier in auto dhcp mode see if it gets an ip address. then print config page or write info down ip/gatway/dns. Then see if computer fines it. If not is it a domain setup were rules have been written or router setup. so many things that could be a problem just have to start with simple things and work you way through.

What does can't find it? Mean If it cant find it via tcp/ip port? Sometimes antivirus will block search's if so setup port the same raw 9100 and uncheck snmp

More details will help. If you using windows to find machine and install driver your setting it up to fail. As windows will always install the wrong driver and setup a WSD port.

I was installing the driver on a Windows 10 PC by using the "Add a Printer" option, selecting "the printer that I want wasn't listed" and entering the TCP/IP I addressed on the machine. Once I enter the IP and select next it can't find the machine and results in the "Generic Network Card" window.

I am on my way to the customer's location so I will be able to give more details soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SDRtech View Post
    I was installing the driver on a Windows 10 PC by using the "Add a Printer" option, selecting "the printer that I want wasn't listed" and entering the TCP/IP I addressed on the machine. Once I enter the IP and select next it can't find the machine and results in the "Generic Network Card" window.

I am on my way to the customer's location so I will be able to give more details soon.

That's fine setup it up as in above post. Antivirus or Group policy IT settings may prevent the search.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Hi, all. I am currently trying to set up a Ricoh MP CW2201SP for a client but I am running into an issue I can't get resolved. I set the machine up to be on a static IP which seems fine since I can ping it and access the WIM but the PC can't find the machine once I begin installing the driver and enter the IP address.

This customer also has a Ricoh copier that was set up a previous time and it works just fine. I can ping it, access the WIM, and install new drivers for it as you'd expect. So I swapped over the same ethernet cable from the working machine over to the CW2201 and also used the working IP on the CW2201 in an attempt to see if it would change anything but that was not the case.

Has anyone ever ran into this issue? Are there any settings I can look into? Is it possible there is a firewall or permissions setting I need to change? Or is there any other tests I can possibly attempt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Network Discovery is probably turned off on the computer. If their network properties show it as a "Public" network, that'll happen. Public networks have Discovery and File and Printer Sharing disabled by default.

If you turn on DHCP on the copier and it DOESN'T grab a valid IP address, they could also have DCHP disabled in their router.

Just configure the copier OUTSIDE the DHCP range (if computers are using 192.xxx.xxx.100's for an address, set the copier up in the .200's), then manually configure a printer on the computer with that IP address using a Standard TCP/IP protocol.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Turns out access control was the culprit this time around. It was set up from a previous lease.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What driver were you trying to use. I believe the CW2201 works best with the PS3 driver on Windows.

Check SP 5985-001. It should be set to 1.

FYI, you will get better exposure posting your Ricoh questions in one of the actual Ricoh forums.