Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Lightbulb Sharp MX-5070N machine won't change Statatic IP

Hi, I have been working on a Sharp MX-5070N, I have been trying to disable the DHCP to manually enter a new static IP without any luck. After I submit and reboot the machine it goes back to DHCP mode.
    I tried replacing the SD card, Boot up the IC, and the Hard Drive and the device is still unable to respond to a change of IP address. It does not retain it. Other than that the copier works well.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you,

AM

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-5070N machine won't change Statatic IP

Check for setting IP static not dynamic.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Yes we have had that after being advised to do an eeprom clone and import. Wound up changing the main board, msata pwb and eeproms. but we also had other errors with machine so all three were needed in our case. Think you have a main pwb issue

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

ive seen strange issues like this when people clone all data from other families of machines. I have seen this once and had to wipe the hard drive replace the msata and program roms. I have also seen weird stuff where airprint shows a serial number not on the machine anywhere, and sometimes shows the serial of the machine it was cloned from. when we clone data now we just do the address book only. not worth doing anything else. too many issues that are difficult to solve and often costly.