Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scan1

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scan1

Re: Scan1

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Only seen 2 NAS customers, setup was same as SMB scanning. Was not impressed with them as they may fail also unless they backup to a cloud. Windows 10 I always use FTP , SMB too many changes from MS updates. FTP always works
    I only had one customer who tried to use a NAS. The only problem was that the NAS they purchased only allowed reading from and writing from a computer with their software/driver installed. THe models that supported SMB/FTP were double or more the price.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scan1

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Use FTP all the time NEVER had to remove or uninstall. This is simple stuff ?, that's why I get paid to fix your problems. Stick to main body problems
    And that is your choice as IT for your customers. The problem for us that have to deal with corporate IT people is that as Hansoon said in his original post " Unfortunately there are some IT-Blokes who insist on not having an FTP-Server running on their systems."

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Scan1

The simplest scan setup ever is on the Toshiba's scan to file share. The documents go to the MFP's hard drive which is shared out to the network. The only thing to do is create a shortcut to the MFP:
    Run: \\192.168.1.1\file_share\
    then drag a shortcut to the desktop and rename it to something recognizable. Perhaps 60 seconds per PC. Easy enough that even I can do it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The simplest scan setup ever is on the Toshiba's scan to file share. The documents go to the MFP's hard drive which is shared out to the network. The only thing to do is create a shortcut to the MFP:
    Run: \\192.168.1.1\file_share\
    then drag a shortcut to the desktop and rename it to something recognizable. Perhaps 60 seconds per PC. Easy enough that even I can do it. =^..^=
    Also like to set that up but the HDD can get filled up. I set it to delete scans every 3 days and instruct the customer to copy it from the MFP.
    The Konica Minolta machines supports userbox sharing from the 7 and 8 range, could be even be on the 4 series but not sure if there was a firmware update for that.

If the IT guy does not like the 3de party app for FTP then setup windows FTP server.

About the scan to email use gmail then you are the author of the authentication info and the SMTP server is always the same. Never had a Gmail server change IP.
    They are concerned about security thru FTP but will probably just thank you for the Gmail solution not even thinking that you now have remote access to all there scanned files...

I tell the guys what i am up to and would give them there Gmail account details and password and explain where to change the passwords for themselves
    One company i worked for in insisted that we use the same gmail account for all the customers using the password scan12345.
    Now that is just stupid.
    Last edited by allan; 05-19-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Whatever