Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    NSI Autostore Express

NSI Autostore Express

Anyone experience with "NSI Autostore Express" as a solution to handle scans from a MFP into searchable PDF's of the PDF/A type? Any recommendations for other software solutions for this purpose please?

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: NSI Autostore Express

Ricoh sells a suite called PPDM that is a set of Nuance products that includes OmniPage 18. I use this mostly for Law firms that need to convert their scan docs to searchable PDFs and also Word. The nice thing about this product is that it also reduces the scans about 30% after its converted. This product supports "Hot Folder" set up. This will allow you to set up a SMB path to receive the scans, the program will then convert it and output it to another folder or path that you want it to.

Check out Nuance.com for more info..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: NSI Autostore Express

Nuance also offers Ecopy, Prism offers scan path. Of the 3 (including Autostore) Scan path is the one with the least amount of moving parts..Ecopy and Autostore are similar in their capabilities. MOst of my experience comes from the Autostore software. PDF/A is the default OCR process, but there are over 1/2 dozen other choices. If you are utilizing some form of authentication, AS can leverage the scan to me and scan to home attributes if in use by running everything though a web browser based interface (KM calls it I-option). IMHO Auto store is easier to setup, and I really like the system monitor for troubleshooting issues. ACDI's papercut ver 19 now offers both authentication and integrated scanning (OCR searchable). Scanning is limited compared to the capabilities of AS (barcode spit, Zonal OCR, Professional image management ect) but it works.