My Konica Minolta is not processing any print job anymore / Data light is blinking.

Dear Reader,

in the past days I had some trouble with the cyan and the black drum... got the errors P-7(p-8) and p-21. Changed the black drum to a new one and the transfer belt to a new one.

As far as our current printer (C220) is concerned, here is a short error description.

1. I have purchased and used a new image drum and a new transfer ribbon for the printer. Since the black image drum, as well as cyan were heavily consumed.

2. after the insertion, I have arranged a Troublereset to initialize the new devices.

I switched the printer to "B/W only"; printing to prevent the color drum, which is already damaged (cyan), from loading the new transfer ribbon.

4. these settings have probably confused the printer's internal spooler, or accidentally deleted it.

5. I then enabled Admin-Settings adn changed various items in the admin settings to see if the behavior changes, but no setting led to success.

6. today I have noticed that the documents that I have scanned into a box cannot be downloaded to a PC anymore. The "Download" option no longer exists. . .

As a last measure I deleted the hard disk and repartitioned it logically.

I think the problem but don't exist there since all the tests were fine.
    Copying, faxing and scanning are still possible without any problems.

The IP address is also properly assigned. The printer is properly recognized by all PC´s and print jobs leave the PC also towards the printer.
    Unfortunately, this action causes the printer to "hang up". This means that the data light flashes, the printer immediately goes into box mode and starts the warm-up phase. . . Unfortunately, he's not getting anywhere. The memory (HDD) remains at 100% and the data is not received anywhere. While the printer is hanging in this mode, I can't cancel or change anything. The administrator administration is then also not accessible and I can do nothing more than restart the printer completely.

Unfortunately, I can't get any further at this point, because I don't know any setting that will print this data. But the printer is still fine and I expect the complete new CN drum units for the colours in 20 days. This would mean that almost all the important moving components in the printer would be new or as good as new. It would be stupid to give up the printer in this condition. . .

Maybe I can get some valuable tips from you about what I can do to teach the printer to do the print job.

I'd love to hear from you if I could still implement a fix for this problem... maybe new firmware?

Yours sincerely

Daniel Karrenbauer

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: My Konica Minolta is not processing any print job anymore / Data light is blinkin

What does the job log say about these print jobs? If the blue data light is flashing then print data is being recieved. Not sure if it's being directed to box, secure print, or deleted, but the log should tell you. (highlight job and touch details for a more detailed description). The trouble reset is not used when replacing consumables so I'm not sure why this was performed, depending on the model, some items life coounts are auto reset, some must be manually reset. You can see the status of your consumables throught the web connection, I would take a peek and see if there are any items that you know were replaced (with new) still showing end of life. I don't think this would only affect print jobs..

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    My Konica Minolta is not processing any print job anymore / Data light is blinking.

Re: My Konica Minolta is not processing any print job anymore / Data light is blinkin

Hi Daniel,

we are an independent service provider for office equipment. We are located 35km from Heidelberg near Bruchsal. Our main range is KonicaMinolta. I presume that you are an end user. When you need our assistance send us an e-mail nospam[at]rex-technika.com

Gruß

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Way to capture an oppourtunity...BZ

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Time to call a qualified tech. You gave it your best shot but didn't work out this time. And to think this all happen over you trying to save money and not properly maintaining your machine.

99.9% of the time when an end user attempts something like this it ends up costing way more money then if they would of just called a tech in first place.