Thread: Can't connect

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Can't connect

Just installed 2 new KM Bizhubs, all except 1 PC can connect to print, it's a Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10, if you input the IP for the C3350i to the internet it can't connect via the pagescope, but other PCs can, however it can connect to the C250i via pagescope, trying to set up to print to the C3350i but it won't as it can't see the printer, yet the other PCs in that location can..... weirdest problem I've ever seen, escalated to the customers IT, but have had problems with their IT before, so am trying to assist our customer, has anyone seen anything like this before.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Can't connect

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Just installed 2 new KM Bizhubs, all except 1 PC can connect to print, it's a Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10, if you input the IP for the C3350i to the internet it can't connect via the pagescope, but other PCs can, however it can connect to the C250i via pagescope, trying to set up to print to the C3350i but it won't as it can't see the printer, yet the other PCs in that location can..... weirdest problem I've ever seen, escalated to the customers IT, but have had problems with their IT before, so am trying to assist our customer, has anyone seen anything like this before.
    Check network location to see if it's set to public or private. Also see if there are any pending updates to be installed. I have known scanning not to work until updates were completed. Can't connectCan't connect

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Get with there IT , too much information missing here to give you an answer.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

If you ping C3350i from problem PC what happens? I have seen bad network cables/ports dropping connections intermittently,
    so bad PC may managed to find C250i but not C3350i. In that case you will have dropped packets etc. in your ping.
    Did you restarted this PC just in case?
    Anyway, Good luck.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It's not likely causing your problem but if you have not upgraded the firmware to G00-45 it would be a good idea. Do not enable Bizhub Secure or V-care without upgrading.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Can't connect

If you're waiting for the driver to discover every printer you'll be disappointed. Approximately 25% of all the driver installs I've done do not discover a static IP or hostname of the new printer. You have a couple choices. You can install the printer as local, then create a port with your static IP or hostname, or the driver will give you a place to manually select the IP address or hostname. Either way you end up with the same result. Maybe some of our members can explain why? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=