Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    alexthezephyr

Weird Driver Issue with XP

I was at a customer's office today and they were having the weirdest issue. We just had delivered and installed a Savin 9050sp. Installed the drivers on their win2k3 server. Their server is 64bit while their workstations are all 32bit - a mixture of Vista and XP. None of the windows XP workstations could print to the machine. All of the Vista workstations could. This is not the only printer shared off of their server - they have about 10, none with this problem. The fix for this was to remove the driver from each XP workstation, install a local copy, and then use the local copy of the driver to tunnel to the server's shared driver.

Has anyone ever seen this issue? Neither I nor the guy from Ricoh had ever seen it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Weird Driver Issue with XP

I have never run into this, but I would try to add the other drivers for 32bit where it asks for additional driver in the sharing tab.
    A 64 bit driver won't run on a 32bit workstation, but a 32bit driver will work on a 64bit server.
    Keep it simple.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

alexthezephyr
    I did have the 32 bit driver shared along with the 64bit driver shared.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Did you have to set up any special permissions or user codes in the 64 bit driver? I'd double check to make sure all your settings are the same for both. Knowing Microsoft the settings for one driver wouldn't transfer to the other.