Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 250+ Posts

password retreival

what are step by step I don't understand how to do this with command workstation - CWS on a remote PC then send to ip fo C1 using direct queue? Is that right?

In other words I need instructions on how to do this like I was an 8 year old.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copierpro View Post
    In other words I need instructions on how to do this like I was an 8 year old.
    Open Firefox (IE tends to be a problem with Fiery) and then put the IP of the FIERY into the address. (ie 192.169.1.200) or whatever your's is. You'll get a pop up, be sure to let the browser allow pop ups. Then choose downloader, then browse to the file that you want to upload (it's on your PC somewhere) select it, then BE SURE to select the DIRECT QUE (there are 3, direct, hold and print) Then click upload. The machine "might" print out a page that says the patch was applied. If not (and even if it doesn't) wait at LEAST 1 minute. And then tell the Fiery to reboot from the machine screen NOT FROM command workstation. When the Fiery comes back up and to ready, wait another minute and then reboot it again.

After that, you are good to go.

(crap... I just told you how to apply a patch... ummmm you can do all this.. ya just don't need the rebooting. ) Hey... I'm already working on my second rum and coke!! It's been a long week!!!

**edit**
    the machine WILL print out a a page. JUST BE SURE that the paper is in the copier as PORTRAIT, NOT landscape. It prints toward the bottom... so in landscape it gets cut off.

I hope this helps you out. And if it does... I'm a rep whore... so bump my rep!! HAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAAHAH
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

thanks and

I will take a crossover from my edox to the Ethernet in to C1 leaving the crossover form copier to C1 as it is and give this a shot.

Let me know if my computer connections are wrong to C1 to get this file to print.

I appreciate your help!

I set the network in My Network from obtain ip automatically to the address of the C1 which is 10.17.3.53; crossover cable from an edox we have in service to the Ethernet in at C1. Crrossover cable form copier to C1 still connected.

When I type the IP address of C1 10.17.3.53 in Firefox the WebTools milabox appears but not downloader or anything else for that matter - just the mailbox name of the previous owner.

If I leave obtain ip address auto on Edox in my network connections I got nothing when I type in the C1 IP address.

What am I doing wrong here?

All I get when I open Firefox and type in the C1 IP address is the Fiery Web Tool mailbox page. ??

burnzdog
    Hi All,

Can anyone help. I have tried to upload the password.ps file but nothing is coming out. Thats part of the problem im having tho, reason why im trying to connect to the fiery is because its not network printing. If i send a test page the pritn queue it appears as spooling and then disappears from the queue yet nothing is coming out.

Anyine got any ideas on this?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burnzdog View Post
    Hi All,

Can anyone help. I have tried to upload the password.ps file but nothing is coming out. Thats part of the problem im having tho, reason why im trying to connect to the fiery is because its not network printing. If i send a test page the pritn queue it appears as spooling and then disappears from the queue yet nothing is coming out.

Is authentication turn "ON" on the copier?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burnzdog View Post
    Hi All,

You should be able to print out a Config sheet without the password. Depending on the model you can do it with the buttons on the front of the Fiery or from the control panel of the copier. Use that to check your settings. If you can't even get a config sheet and see "....Wait", the system software will need to be reloaded.

burnzdog
    Thanks

Ive tried to print a config page via the copiers control panel but i cant find it? can you tell me where the option is please?