Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Print JPEGs from mobile devices

I have a Social worker who receives lots of emails from low income and distressed clients who only have their cell phone to capture images of Doctors appointments, prescriptions, documents, criminal records, drivers licenses and various certificates.

She finds these images difficult to print and the copier's print queue is cluttered with abandoned print jobs where the job is either too/ big to fit on a LT page or too small to read or just illegible.

The social worker stores these attached images in her photos folder.

Eventually, we found that if we opened the image in Windows Paint and selected File/ Print we could scale to the image to 75% via "More Settings" in the print driver and get good image quality.

There is the ability in the print driver to store a preset print driver features as essentially a one touch.

This is a six step pricess for a frequently reoccuring event.

As this is a large healthcare organization there is no ability to create a custom print driver on the LAN. The social workers PC is locked down as to what you can add to it and she does not have Admin passwords.

I am wondering if there is an easier way?

Thanks,

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

Re: Print JPEGs from mobile devices

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I have a Social worker who receives lots of emails from low income and distressed clients who only have their cell phone to capture images of Doctors appointments, prescriptions, documents, criminal records, drivers licenses and various certificates.

She finds these images difficult to print and the copier's print queue is cluttered with abandoned print jobs where the job is either too/ big to fit on a LT page or too small to read or just illegible.

Eventually, we found that if we opened the image in Windows Paint and selected File/ Print we could scale to the image to 75% via "More Settings" in the print driver and get good image quality.

There is the ability in the print driver to store a preset print driver features as essentially a one touch.

As this is a large healthcare organization there is no ability to create a custom print driver on the LAN. The social workers PC is locked down as to what you can add to it and she does not have Admin passwords.

Thanks,
    First things first, what manufacturer and model are you printing to? Then whoever is familiar with that will be able to assist

Quote Originally Posted by ihatefinishers13 View Post
    First things first, what manufacturer and model are you printing to? Then whoever is familiar with that will be able to assist
    Latest model Toshiba e2525AC 25 ppm colour at latest V1801 firmware via latest version Toshiba Universal 2 print driver.

The files can come in as JPEGs and PNGs. Rarely PDFs as the files are created by an iPhone or Android phone owner taking pictures of receipts, etc. via the built in camera and then attaching them to an email.

I can see users doing this in many industries when they need to submit receipts and documents.

I think the problem is going to be the same across all copier OEMs.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Thanks,
    And those people cannot attach the image files to the email? If they are at her office or she is calling on them why not just use NFC to transfer the files to her phone or use a USB-C to USB-A dongle to attach a thumb drive to their phone and transfer files to it?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And those people cannot attach the image files to the email? If they are at her office or she is calling on them why not just use NFC to transfer the files to her phone or use a USB-C to USB-A dongle to attach a thumb drive to their phone and transfer files to it?

... these people are not at the social workers office and often do not have the tranportation to get there.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

... these people are not at the social workers office and often do not have the tranportation to get there.
    And the social worker doesn't make regular visits to her clients? How then does she verify their status?

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And the social worker doesn't make regular visits to her clients? How then does she verify their status?
    ... I use the phrase social worker loosely. She is more like a Manger of multiple social worker who has to verify and process claims.

See if you can select a type of driver elimination pcl 5 or PostScript or a setting within the driver

If all fails try an HP driver

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

With settings locked down on the PC, an alternative image viewer is likely out of the question so you're essentially stuck with the process you already have.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    With settings locked down on the PC, an alternative image viewer is likely out of the question so you're essentially stuck with the process you already have.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    I will start testing for a better solution soon but I am likley locked down by Admin.