Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dunkindan

Issues Setting up Scan to Folder on a Ricoh Aficio 3025

I'm currently having troubles setting up Scan PDF to folder with an Aficio 3025. I am testing this out on Windows XP in a WORKGROUP environment. I have a netgear router with the default gateway and router access set as 192.168.2.1. I have manually set my ip on the Ricoh machine with the default gateway and correct subnet mask. I enabled a shared folder called "scans" on my workstation computer. From the Ricoh machines menu I can access my scans shared folder and ping it both by name and ip. (\\192.168.2.11\scans). I can ping the machine from my command prompt on the computer. I have done the Ricoh testing and it says succeeded connection with pc. I can print no problems. To print I installed a universal printer driver for the Aficios from there site. Is there a scanner driver ? The connectivity between both is good. I have enabled WINS on my machine. I have disabled the windows firewall and have no 3rd party security software running. I read that you can scan to folder directly to PDF. I prefer not to have to use the TWAIN LiteBinder software that the machine offers. I see that there is SMB on the machine but do not know what that means. I have spent a few hours on this and would love any advice offered. If you need more details please let me know and I can give them to you.

Just a bit more info would be good, if you could. What happens when you scan? Is there an error or does seem like the data was sent but never shows up in the scan folder? Sounds like you have it set up fine for the most part. Do you have a password for the user on your XP machine? If so, did you enter the user name and password for the machine on which the scan folder resides?

Sounds like you're almost there, just have to find that one step thats missing.

Pete
    VectorLinux---Check it out!

dunkindan
    When I scan nothing shows up in the scan folder. The copier scanning status says "Waiting" for about 2 minutes then says error. I entered all the correct credentials from my xp machine into the copier and it excepts them.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    When I scan nothing shows up in the scan folder. The copier scanning status says "Waiting" for about 2 minutes then says error. I entered all the correct credentials from my xp machine into the copier and it excepts them.
    This means the copier has trouble authenticating towards the computer. It can see the network share, so there's no problem with the network setup or anything like that. All you need is the logon credentials for the computer, so either use the one you're using to login to Windows with on that machine, or create a new user on that computer and use those credentials. You should input the credentials under 'SMB default username'. If you've done it already then double-check username and password, remember it's case-sensitive.

That should be all!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Are the permissions for the scan folder set to allow Everyone complete control?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Are the permissions for the scan folder set to allow Everyone complete control?
    As long as he's using an existing user account he shouldn't need to. But, the shared folder needs to have that little checkbox applied, the one under 'Sharing' that says 'Allow users to change my files'. The above applies when you're in a domain though.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar
    This attachement may help you...
    Attached Files Attached Files

dunkindan
    Solved!

It was simply the "allow network users to change my files"

How stupid am I to start digging into all the complex stuff when I already had done it.

A check marked box saved the day. Thanks to everyone who helped, I was getting pretty frustrated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Fearless V K's Avatar
    In my experience, it's always a setting.

P.S. Gotta love that red Oakley sand!
    Don't take that toner with me!