Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ronecoke

Scan to Email problem with Sharp mx 4501n

When we use scan to email (pdf format) to scan a color document using our Sharp Mx 4501n, the first page is only a partial image, appx. 1/3 of the page is visible. The rest of the document is ok. Black & White scan to email works ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Dustin(WOP)'s Avatar
    Sounds to me like a problem i had once. Not sure what I did to fix it but the first this i would check is under system settings image send settings check the compression modes and change them both to G4 and high. this just makes the file size smaller and might give you the full image if you are running out of memory.

ronecoke
    Thanks Dustin,
    I'll give it a try. Does it process the first page last? (since its always the first page that gets messed up.)

rl

davistech
    Last time that I had this happen, I had to replace the MFP's memory.
    I tried the MFP board, flashing the ROM, trying to scan to USB, as TIFF, etc....

Replacing the memory worked.
    The compression uses the memory to work. By default the Sharp uses G4 High compression.
    If you turn compression off, usually this will clear up. Most people want the compression on because the file sizes get to be too big without it.

ronecoke
    Thanks Davistech.
    So far the suggestion by Dustin has been working. The support techs from the Sharp vendor have been out many times, replacing memory and boards, etc, but the problem persisted. They had given up, so thats when I started looking on my own. I will continue to monitor, but so far we haven't had the problem since making the changes.

I want to thank you both for your help. I appreciate it.

rl