Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

Lets get down to basics...

Lets eliminate your network as the culprit. I assume you have a laptop. Configure the laptop network settings the same as your router IP. Use a crossover cable to connect the laptop and copier. Turn copier off, then back on. Wait about 2 minutes for the network connection on the copier to become active. (You can see this time lapse on a working machine by setting up your laptop to continuously ping the copier and see how long it takes for the connection to become active after turning on the copier). Then ping the copier. If after a few minutes you cannot ping the copier then I would suspect your copiers nic as the culprit.

I just re-read thru the posts, and we did not ask one question that now occurs to me. Do you know if this has a network bootrom in it, or if it has the network flavor of the system software loaded?

kamal101

crossover cable

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    Lets eliminate your network as the culprit. I assume you have a laptop. Configure the laptop network settings the same as your router IP. Use a crossover cable to connect the laptop and copier. Turn copier off, then back on. Wait about 2 minutes for the network connection on the copier to become active. (You can see this time lapse on a working machine by setting up your laptop to continuously ping the copier and see how long it takes for the connection to become active after turning on the copier). Then ping the copier. If after a few minutes you cannot ping the copier then I would suspect your copiers nic as the culprit.

I just re-read thru the posts, and we did not ask one question that now occurs to me. Do you know if this has a network bootrom in it, or if it has the network flavor of the system software loaded?
    is the cross over cable a simple lan cable? (im not good in english) ?
    the same cable i use for plugging my pc to a router?
    http://www.satelliteshoppe.com/catal...sovercable.gif

also i never tried to load a system software in it.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kamal101 View Post
    is the cross over cable a simple lan cable? (im not good in english) ?
    the same cable i use for plugging my pc to a router?

also i never tried to load a system software in it.
    LWD - How To Make a Crossover Cable

No, a crossover cable is not the same cable that you use to hook a device to your network. A crossover cable eliminates the need for a network, because the send/receive lines are CROSSED OVER. Read the article from this link, it will describe what I mean. The picture you linked to was a crossover cable, but you can't just assume a cable is a crossover unless you bought it, or made it, or took the time to view the colored wires placement in the plugs. Just go out and buy one if you are not sure.

You can print out all service mode settings at once using service mode (COPIER>FUNCTION>MISC-P>P-PRINT).

Additional Functions button
    2+8 together
    Additional Functions button
    Copier
    Function
    Misc-P
    P-Print

The first page or two will give us the info we need.
    Bootrom Version xx.xx n or c version
    MN-CONT Indicates the version of the software of the main controller PCB.
    PS/PCL Indicates the version of the printer board (PS/PCL).

tejasgujjar

Re: IR 5000/6000 connect to PC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
    Is you IR5000 print ready? Does it have a Nic Card? When you press Additional Fuctions button, do you see a network settings, and a Printer Settings touch button? Then, if you have these options installed are you hooking it to a network or directly to a pc
    Hello I too have canon ir5000, and want to connect it to pc so that can take printouts. I've used ethernet cable RJ45 to connect it to pc. When i opened network settings in ir5000 IP address, subnet mask and gateway all were 0.0.0.0 . So i dint get what IP address should be given there ?? plz help .....

Quote Originally Posted by tejasgujjar View Post
    Hello I too have canon ir5000, and want to connect it to pc so that can take printouts. I've used ethernet cable RJ45 to connect it to pc. When i opened network settings in ir5000 IP address, subnet mask and gateway all were 0.0.0.0 . So i dint get what IP address should be given there ?? plz help .....
    Unless your PC is acting as a DHCP server, which is very unlikely, than you will need to give it a static IP address yourself. Make sure that your PC has an IP address that is different to any other addresses it may have already. For instance, if you already have a connection 192.168.0.10, then give this direct connection an address of 10.0.0.1 and your device an address of 10.0.0.2 and a subnet of 255.255.255.0. Do not give either your PC or the device a gateway or DNS settings, only one connection should have a gateway set and it should be your primary internet connection; and I doubt that your device is giving your PC its internet connection.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Real simple question...

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    Have you restarted the copier since you changed your ip address settings? Changes made to the copier do not take affect till the copier is turned off, and back on. If you want the copier to maintain its address at .21 , turn off "enable dhcp".
    This is a by the way; Truth be told, I really miss this member, 'mrfixit51'. It has been long since we last heard from him. Needless to mention, he was one of the best techs we had in this forum, a real pillar of this forum. I don't know what has become of him. Does anybody have any idea? Life is so.

tejasgujjar

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Unless your PC is acting as a DHCP server, which is very unlikely, than you will need to give it a static IP address yourself. Make sure that your PC has an IP address that is different to any other addresses it may have already. For instance, if you already have a connection 192.168.0.10, then give this direct connection an address of 10.0.0.1 and your device an address of 10.0.0.2 and a subnet of 255.255.255.0. Do not give either your PC or the device a gateway or DNS settings, only one connection should have a gateway set and it should be your primary internet connection; and I doubt that your device is giving your PC its internet connection.

Haven't connected my PC to any network, just PC connected to ir5000.
    So now what i'll do is first will go to control panel->add a printer->and when it asks for the printer port, will give standard tcp/ip port and there it'll ask IP address there will try giving first 10.0.0.1 and in device ll give only IP address and subnet mask leaving gateway unchanged. I'm a right ???

Also have downloaded driver PCL5e-c_6_v14.00_setup from http://www.usa.canon.com . i'm I going in right way ?
    Last edited by tejasgujjar; 06-18-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

i have a problem close to thatr with an ir4045i , i get to additional functions then preferences then networking the next option allows me to enter the ip address details but from that point the cell displays but its not active so i cant punch in the details. anyone faced this problem if so i need help