Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    print_scan

Talking Ricoh 2020 and ScanRouter Lite

I am setting up a Ricoh 2020 to scan with Scanrouter lite. I hhave scanrouter installed on a 2003 server and have port 3670 exempted on the firewall. I was able to add the 202o as an I/O device and can see that the IP address of the 2003 server as server 1 on the delivery server setting on the machine. I added the user to quick dial 001 and yet it indicates that there is no destination set. I recall tha there was a Dip switch setting to make the quick dials to be designated as scanrouter destination. Anyone remember which one it was or am I still missing a step on this set-up? Thanks in advance for the help.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Please make sure that your Server 2003 is NOT a domain controller, as neither ScanRouter Lite, Pro, or Enterprise will work on it.

(That's actually mentioned in the readme file...)

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 2020 and ScanRouter Lite

Not sure I'm exactly on the right page with you, but the 'delivery option' needs to be turned "on", in 'interface settings' under "file transfer" to use Scanrouter software

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    You have to set up all the scan destinations from the PC running the Scanrouter software. Non of the scanning destinations are input at the machine.

When you add the I/O device in scan router you must have the machine conected to the network and powered on, but even when you do sometimes the registration on the machine fails (When you add the I/O device the sacnrouter configures on the machine the IP address of the delivery server and activates delivery option, but some times that comunication is blocked by antivirus, firewlls, ...)
    Try the following:
    Enter special service mode (in sequence yellow_button 1 0 7 and in the end press and hold the red button until the display changes, then press # and 1 at the same time) then go to SP 5845 2 and input the IP Address of the server where you have the scanrouter software. (Use this SP to set the Scan Router Server address. The IP address under the transfer tab can be referenced by the initial system setting)
    Also make shure to enable delivery option like sandmanmac alredy said.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar
    You can only use scan router ex pro with this machine. you cannot see it with scan router lite. only scanning this model can do is: twain, smb, email, & scan router pro ex.
    I would recommend that you use the smb scanning.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    According to my information, scan-to-SMB is not possible on the AF2020. You have the scan-to-email option, the delivery option (Scan Router), and the Network Twain option.
    If possible I would advise the customer scan-to-email because it is much easier to set up.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar
    Sorry i misread the thread. I was thinking of the MP2000.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    This can happen. The Ricoh model numbers are sometimes a bit confusing in the last couple of years.

Mental_uk

Problems with Afficio 2015

I am having huge trouble getting a 2015 hooked up on the company network, I can scanrouter lite to see the scanner but cannot get the scanner to update its destination list.

Everything was working ok until another printer on the network started to conflict with the server IP - its an XP SP3 machine with firewall off and I had to reboot the router and manullay assign the servers IP - it is the same IP as previously used.

Is there a way to manullay set the destination server into the scanner ??? - I think this how the previous tech must have done it

Also anyone have a 2015/2018 service manual?