Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi All,

the only problem with the windows patch is that i dont have printer setup through a share anymore (ie, everyone prints via tcp/ip) and i still get that problem..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

LPR

Are you able to test using the LPR port instead of TCP/IP. Will need to add windows component : Print Services for Unix under other print and file services.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi,

i havent tried using a lpr port. i've configured a tcp/ip as a "emulated" lpr port.

maybe that might be something i should look into - however, saying that surely not all pc's that print to it would be experiencing the same problem..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Is it happening daily?

Do you have any other printers or multi-functionals at this site. Compare ethernet speed setting and move the faulty device into its position as a test for a few days. You could also place a small switch/hub between the data point and hub as another test. Good luck these are the worst! Sometimes a paper jam will prompt the user to say its happening again

CopierJanitor/Geargluer 50+ Posts skinnypuppy's Avatar

Try KX driver

I have resolved many print issues on the kyocera's by simply installing the KX driver located on the their website. And changing the PDL from PCLXL to PCL5. The default on this driver is PCLXL In the driver properties\device settings\PDL. Also if you have Ram disc set to on and are using it set Ram disc to max 1/3 of Memory.
    Hope this helps