Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ahhungkoko

RICOH MP2000le PRINTING PROBLEM

HELLO BROTHERS AND SISTERS ALL, I WOULD LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT PRINTING.

I'D INSTALLED A RICOH AFICIO MP2000Le ON A WINDOWS XP PC.

HOWEVER, THE PC IS UNABLE TO PRINTOUT.

I TRIED TO CHANGED TO A THICKER USB CABLE + REFORMATT AND IT STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.
    WHEN I CLICK PRINTER TEST THE PC SHOWS "NO RESPONE FROM THE PRINTER, PLEASE CHECK THE CABLE BLA BLA BLA..."

THE PC IS INTEL 915G CHIPSET AND USB2.0 SUPPORT.

BUT WHEN I CONNECT THE PRINTER TO ANOTHER AM2+ BASED PC IT CAN PRINT.

NOW I'M IN DEEP TROUBLE SINCE THE MACHINES BELONGS TO A CUSTOMER. PLEASE HELP HELP OK??? THANKS!!!!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar
    It seems like a hardware problem of that PC.
    Are you sure that the USB port on the PC works?try to connect it to another printer.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    When you connected the USB Cable while the Copier and PC was on did Windows Detect a New Device. If not perhaps the USB is turned off on the Copier in Service Modes.

E Winter
    Well he can print from another computer so I guess there's nothing wrong with the machine.

Strange - have you tried to uninstall and restart everything from zero? Are you shure that you've used the correct driver? AFAIK this machine is using just an GDI controller (not 100% shure) - these controllers are using different drivers.

I have to perform USB installations very rarely but I know that it's sometimes a pain in the ass. After uninstalling everything you should keep the cable disconnected. I'd suggest to use the installation wizard from the driver CD (run autostart.exe if the wizard doesn't appear after inserting the driver disc). I prefer to install drivers manually (usually) but that's sometimes risky with unkown USB devices. Also very important: Wait for a promt BEFORE you connect the USB cable - that's important for quite a lot USB peripherals because it's necessary to install the driver first and let the Windows-hardware recognition do the rest. If you mess that sequence you may get a bad installation - in some cases it's hardly possible to bugfix that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Jan you are right. I missed that in the Original Post.

Your instructions are dead on for install.

Also verifying Port Settings for the Driver? Make sure it says USB and for some reason not LocalHost or LPT1

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    Enter service mode check or set the NIC and USB activation go to 5985 001 and 002 and set them to 1.

To change the printing port on your DDST driver, itīs something like this: printer properties\ports\configure port\port settings\raw settings port number change from 9100 to 10001.
    Thats it
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound