Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sveri

scan to mail takes long bizhub c253

Hi everybody,

we have a new copier in our firm (bizhub c253 from minolta) and everything works as expected. Printing and copying is fast.
    Scanning to SMB (SBS Server 2003) works too like it should, but everytime we scan and send it via mail to our intern exchange users it takes a lot of time (like 30 minutes) depending on the size of the scan.

I already tried sending mails with larg attaches and that works fine too, so i think it must be on the copier side.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance and plz excuse my bad english
    Sven

It always pays to check the scan settings. A 200dpi grayscale scan will transmit faster than a 600dpi colour image.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Ethernet speed.

Try changing your ethernet speed setting to 100 full duplex, or back to Auto if set otherwise. This can be caused by a speed mismatch with the switch.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    Not an outlook expert by any stretch, but I see this issue fairly often with both the BIzhub and Toshiba products. Normally when setting up the email portion, I check the ability to send internally and outside using my Hotmail account. In most cases, the mail to my hotmail account is received within min, but internal delivery can take up to 1/2 hour, or more. Not exactly sure waht the problem is, but it has to do with the Spam setting on the clients exchange server. Adding the MFP from address to known senders is the fix (I think). Also, adding the MFP ip address as a relay can help. EMUjo

Technician
    Is any virus scan software scanning your emails? It sounds like they are being quarantined then released. Also, was the SMB scanning that worked, set up to the same physical destination, i.e a server off site? or just to a PC in the same network? knowing this may help rule out network latancy issues.

Software/IT 50+ Posts jneezy2008's Avatar
    I had a customer with a similar problem except both scan to email and scan to SMB took a very long time to reach the destination. The problem turned out to be a bad port on their switch. Moved the Ethernet cable to a new port and everything was snappy.
    The snozberries taste like snozberries!!

sveri
    Thanks for all the hints and tips and sorry for the long delay. I had a task with a higher priority.
    What solved the problem was setting the Ethernet speed from 100Mbs to Auto. It now works fast as hell.

Greetings
    Sven