Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    PDF Prints with Incorrect Letters

Try going to the print properties and print as image.
    It won't care what fonts, it will print like a picture.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Software/IT 50+ Posts jneezy2008's Avatar
    nmfaxman, in Adobe Acrobat Pro I went to File => Print => Advanced => Print as image. I showed the customer how to verify this is selected each time they print, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I updated the Muratec print drivers.

One of the computers printed squares instead of letters on one PDF and it printed unrecognizable characters from a different PDF. I was not on-site when this happened and we weren't able to recreate it. I've posted these new samples(Samples(9.27.09).pdf) to drop.io muratec_sample.

Hopefully the combination of Print as image and the updated print drivers will correct these printing abnormalities. If they don't, then Muratec has suggested replacing the OB Board and the MCB.

I'll update the post once new information comes in.
    The snozberries taste like snozberries!!

Mike Harden
    If your customer is using documents coverted to a PDF with Postscript turn on and them trying to print with a non postscript driver this will happen. The latter is most often the cause. If your customer is printing it from the internet or start printing before it has had a chance to save local it will cause this problem. If the document has any securities on it at all it can do this. Have your customer convert to curves and lines and or embed the fonts as your client may not have the font in their font folder causing the information to scarmble. These are just of few of the problems we have found here in our print shop with customers providing PDF that don't print correctly. As a tech I have see these problems drive tech and customer to the edge and in most cases I have reloaded the Adobe product and the problem has gone away except for Acrobat 9 which can not be fixed period for this exact problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    PDF Prints with Incorrect Letters

Try loading an earlier version of adobe reader and see how it functions.
    I keep version 6 on my laptop just to prove it is an application problem and not a printer problem.
    I have found as early as Reader 4.0 on an old driver disk with the manual included.
    A printer is an output device. It only does as it is told.
    If you can run a test page from the printer properties, it is not a printer issue.

Mike Harden
    I agree with the printer being an output device however if the device is given commands it can not understand like Postscript to PDL device it can and will scrable the information. We see it on a Konica 7272 all the time we send the job to a Xerox 700 with a fiery or a Konia 6500 with a Crieo and it does not present. I have converted the same file to curves and had it work on a PDL driver.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    As has already been mentioned when printing problem pdf's then select advanced settings and "Print as Image" takes a little bit longer but it will print correctly.
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Software/IT 50+ Posts jneezy2008's Avatar
    It's been just over two weeks since I was on-site with this customer. I have not heard anything back from them *crossing fingers*.

Hopefully the combination of installing the latest print drivers and educating the customer on how to use "Print as image" resolved this.

Thank you everyone for your help and replies.
    The snozberries taste like snozberries!!