Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Jared

IP-421 on Konica 7020

I'm trying to install an IP-421 on a Konica 7020. The print controller was tested before I received it. The controller installed easily and no problem indicators are present. I can see the printer on an Appletalk network.

However, I cannot print from the copier (using the panel). The unit seems to scan fine- the hard drive available space declines when I scan- and the data LED is illuminated. I cannot, however, get it to print anything from the copier- or any attached Appletalk machines. I would try to connect via IP, but as I cannot print a config test page, I do not know what the assigned IP address is.

Any help would be appreciated. Both my user and service manuals say that if the controller won't print from the panel, it must be defective- which I know to be incorrect (at least before it was shipped to me).

Thank you!
    Jared

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IP-421 on Konica 7020

Are u trying to print from a mac? Is the IP postscript enabled? Requires a chip usually... if not, then well you'll likely have a tough time getting it to work with a mac.

Regards!
    A.

Jared
    Copytechman-

Eventually, I will be printing from a mac (as well as Windows machines, Unix, etc.). I have all the appropriate drivers for each system. And yes, the IP-421 is setup for postscript (although, I have both PS and PCL drivers for each system). All of these drivers were obtained from Konica.

However, printing from any computer is not currently my bottleneck. I am unable to printer from the copier- e.g., a config page or demo page.

Thanks!
    Jared

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    IP-421 on Konica 7020

If I read you correctly, you can't get the internal test page(s) to print.. last time I had that, I had to re-install the sys software for the IP, not sure how that's done on the older IP421's, but on the newer IP432's (K7145 series), that's done primarily by deleting (NOT formatting) the cf card contents from the card in the ip and then re-copying the sys soft onto it and re-installing in the ip (using a cf card reader of course).. the other way requires either a serial cable or parallel cable iirc. I've not done it that way... yet...

Regards!
    A.