Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Windows 7 vs Shared folder

when i set up a sheard folder on a Pc (smb) and access it from xp or scan to it from a KM mfp everything works fine, but as soon i access the same folder form W7, xp and KM no longer have rights to access!
    anyone know why.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Win 7 is taking ownership of the folder. This is an article on how to work though that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Windows 7 vs Shared folder

Windows 7 is pretty fussy about it, I can get our machines to scan to smb folder on my win 7 laptop but you have to make sure of 1 of 2 things if it's shared the the user must have a password to go with it and then shared to everyone (I used advanced sharing, not simple sharing), I havent tried it the none password way but windows can be configured to do that but it doesn't like/recommend it... I typically (in this situation) add a local user called Scanuser with the same password for scanning purposes.. share the folder, add scanuser with full permissions and everyone and that usually does it all for me.

Regards!
    A.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by copytechman View Post
    Windows 7 is pretty fussy about it, I can get our machines to scan to smb folder on my win 7 laptop but you have to make sure of 1 of 2 things if it's shared the the user must have a password to go with it and then shared to everyone (I used advanced sharing, not simple sharing), I havent tried it the none password way but windows can be configured to do that but it doesn't like/recommend it... I typically (in this situation) add a local user called Scanuser with the same password for scanning purposes.. share the folder, add scanuser with full permissions and everyone and that usually does it all for me.

Regards!
    A.
    Have you try on AF3245C with Win7?