Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Best Software Solution

Whats 's the best and most popular software solution you sell to accompany your hardware solutions?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Best Software Solution

We usually throw in a copy of Re-Rite when selling Toshibas.

Re-Rite is an OCR package that runs as a service rather than an application so it is safe to install on servers. The other good thing is that it is a single seat licence that can handle upto 30 copiers / IO's.

With Konica Minoltas, we have been pushing PSES (PageScope Enterprise Suite) where sites have 3 or more machines. PSES is the Konica Minolta version of WebJet Admin.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Best Software Solution

Hi, first post for me, I've been lurking around this interesting forum for a few days.

A software solution I like is Fuji Xerox's ApeosWare Flow Services. It automatically delivers scanned information from a multifunctional device to a selection of network destinations in the most appropriate format for processing or storage. It does OCR, Searchable PDF and Bar code recognition as some examples, it's quite powerful. It's good for use when a certain FX MFD can only forward to e-mail via IFax (TIFF image) this software will convert to a PDF. It gets loaded onto a server and does the processing from there.

I'm sure Canon, KM and Ricoh have similar products.