Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Konica Minolta C452

Have a hospital with a C452, setup ok. Server is out of the area with a serperate IT division in control. Got everything installed, scanning printing, etc... Problem is when trying to access printing preferences it will either take forever or it will time out. With a crossover it works fine. We beleive it is an issue with their network port routing the two way communication priorities. Their onsite "IT" person agrees, but their offsite is clueless and cant remember setting anything up. Any ideas?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    On one of the local pc's that is having said issue try adding a local tcp/ip port and see if that is any better. I have had this issue with 64 bit drivers on a Toshiba c3500 and with the "new Improved" driver for the bizhub c552, c360 and c353 family machines. On the Toshiba the customer is running 10 virtual servers and 1 is the print server for the SouthEast region of the company. When we changed to a local port it ran fine it was only when using it via a server port for some reason. Also is the local user able to install ANY printer or only from the directory. I believe it could also be a printer permission under the local or domain group policy as well.

One day I will post which of the outward certificates I have. Associate and Professional and a couple more.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

System Engineer 100+ Posts
    Go to the printer properties ---> Acquire settings and uncheck the auto. All bizhubs are defaulted with auto so after every new install you need to make sure to uncheck the auto to prevent the delay. Most noticeable with PS driver.

Forgot to mention that they use HP blades, not full PC's.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C452

I would have to agree with 'konisolver' on this one.

The reason it could be timing out could be that the machine is on a different subnet to the PC's and it is taking a long time for the routers to resolve to the correct IP range. This would explain why everything via a laptop is faster.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts agudmove's Avatar
    I had something similar on Ineo+652. Slow to open properties and print. Turned out to be low version 1 PCL driver with high version (v.58) machine software. Easiest solution was upgrade of driver to version 2. Resolved my problem.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    We have a similar issue with one of our customers here in Calgary....offsite server control of everything....print something, it leaves town, makes its way to Edmonton and then makes a turnaround and comes back. Printing of simple text files, there is little delay, but send a complex graphic or image, the copier hasn't even seen the file when the program has finished parsing the job to the spooler...this is one location I highly recommended to use a direct port rather than a shared.

As for this problem....

There might also be a problem with the port that the copier is using on the switch. It's rare, but not unheard of. And also, if there are a multitude level of switches/hubs in the chain, that can also slow things down, especially if one was an older model...10base for example...between the client and the copier. In those situations, we often recommend to replace the multiple 5 Port devices with a single 20-40 port switch. And of course, there are some places that still have really old PCs in the mix, which are also using old network cards at 10base.

And a thought....the C452 has a gigabit controller...perhaps that is incompatible with their network. Try dropping it to 100 simplex or duplex and see if that helps.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.