Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mail Merge woes

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Mail Merge woes

I have a customer doing a mail merge with about 2000+ addresses on a Savin 8055. It works on their old computer a P4 with WinXP and publisher ver10.0 (2003? maybe?) but their new computer an AMDx2 64 WinXP and publisher ver 12.0 (2007?) it won't print right. They print a 11x17 newsletter with individual address on each print. The problem is there are 2 sets stapled together, or it only prints the 1st address on every print depending on which driver you use.

What I've done so far is try PCL6, PCL5e, and RPCS (Ricoh's own driver). Before it would not staple at all and spit them out the top tray, but when I set it to "Start Printing After Last Page is Spooled" it will now saddle stitch and fold like its supposed to but there are 2 sets stapled together.

I had to edit the registry per an article on Microsoft's knowledge base to get Publisher 10.0 to work but 12.0 doesn't have a place to change it. They can use their old dinosaur (P4) of a computer to get it to print, but I thought I'd ask the pro's here for any ideas.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Publisher sends a mail merge job as 1 set regardless of how many it may actually be. If you google publisher mail merge you will find an article from a tech in great britain who wrote a process for fixing this using a macro. I would start there and try it..

Here is a link to another person with the same question.

How do I print multiple mail merge contacts per page
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Mail Merge woes

Try this Mail Merge Macro.

It will break the merge down into separate jobs instead of your office programs sending everything as 1 big job.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Mail Merge woes

See if any of this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar
    To adjust the settings for 12, the registry change needs to be made under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE not CURRENT_USER as the microsoft article says.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Woohoo!
    I will give that a try. I wondered why 12 didn't have that key.

ajefferson

Re: Mail Merge woes

I am having this issue and have been for years. I bought Page Plus X9 to see if that would fix it but it still staples my newsletters together. I'm using Windows 7 Professional and I have Office 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    I have a customer doing a mail merge with about 2000+ addresses on a Savin 8055. It works on their old computer a P4 with WinXP and publisher ver10.0 (2003? maybe?) but their new computer an AMDx2 64 WinXP and publisher ver 12.0 (2007?) it won't print right. They print a 11x17 newsletter with individual address on each print. The problem is there are 2 sets stapled together, or it only prints the 1st address on every print depending on which driver you use.

What I've done so far is try PCL6, PCL5e, and RPCS (Ricoh's own driver). Before it would not staple at all and spit them out the top tray, but when I set it to "Start Printing After Last Page is Spooled" it will now saddle stitch and fold like its supposed to but there are 2 sets stapled together.

I had to edit the registry per an article on Microsoft's knowledge base to get Publisher 10.0 to work but 12.0 doesn't have a place to change it. They can use their old dinosaur (P4) of a computer to get it to print, but I thought I'd ask the pro's here for any ideas.