Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    I never understood how so many programs such as "gotoassist" and "gotomypc" can CHARGE BIG money (like £30 a month for single licence) when :
    1. There are better free solutions out there
    2. IT COMES FREE WITH WINDOWS XP!!! Just look under Help and Support>Invite a friend to connect to your computer with Remote Assitance!

IT Technician 100+ Posts fausto1981's Avatar
    GoToAssist and GoToMeeting are good because the customer doesn't have to install any client software on their PCs. LogmeIn, GotomyPC and other programs have to be installed and that can be a bad idea for the IT guys that will think that we will have access to their PCs.

So Far Mikogo seems to be the best because it is free and it does the job.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Does anyone Remote Desktop to Customers computers

For our big customers, we setup a VPN inconjunction with the IT deparatment.

Becuase I also look after IT managed services here at work, I can get clients to install an agent from my server which will then allow me VNC / KVNC / RDP access. This is all through a managment program called Kaseya. It isn't free, but I use it to monitor all my IT clients so I might as well use it for copier clients as well.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Wow this Kaseya has the Cisco approval. Not too shabby then.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Does anyone Remote Desktop to Customers computers

Well worth the investment if you are managing multiple networks offsite!!!
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts DallasTech's Avatar
    ShowMyPC: Remote Support, Desktop Sharing, Access Remote PC Free, Web Conferencing Free, Secure, and free!!! You have to download a small file, but only takes a few seconds on a decent internet connection.

jfultz
    We us LogMeIn Rescue, but we have 5 users and only 3 licenses so we ether have to bounce them around or use each others. Doesn't look the greatest to say "Hi my name is John, but I will be using Mitch's account to log into your computer"

BTW I am logged into a customer's computer right now (as myself) for about the last hour.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts The Otrain's Avatar
    We recently switched from Bomgar to Team Viewer. Seems to be doing well so far, though i have only used it about 4 times. Our internet connection at our local office was shabby, so I'm sure that once I use it from another location I will be even more pleased.

mike145

Re: Does anyone Remote Desktop to Customers computers

Hey, you may also try a R-HUB remote support server Object moved for all your remote access needs.