Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Basic Networking Resources

Hi all,
    I'm looking for some info or links for basic networking for junior tech to read up on as back-up for training on networking mfps whether they be your own step by step guides or something you've come across on the web and found useful that can explain things in a simplified manner. All input greatly appreciated...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

When you get the definitive list, I would be interested in reading it. I think this is a very good idea.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

See attachment.

Hans
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Cheers hans,thats the buisness, anybody got any other stuff,its all very welcome

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dickierock View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm looking for some info or links for basic networking for junior tech to read up on as back-up for training on networking mfps whether they be your own step by step guides or something you've come across on the web and found useful that can explain things in a simplified manner. All input greatly appreciated...
    If you work for a major manufacturer or an authorized dealer, they mostly all have a training course you can attend that will supply you with basics- if you are an Indy, you may want to check with various distributors or vendors for courses-for example, many samsung distributors will hold monthly courses on networking their products, you will gain a lot of good knowledge in these classes, and they are usually free. Business Technology Association has various pay-to-complete courses to get you certified-You can get a CompTIA network+ cert, or PDI+, or microsoft-type certs with their training as well- the BTA has a vast library of resources that will help any dealer, large or small. Home - Business Technology Association

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    well hans, interesting read. Wish Savin would put something out a bit more detailed on their equipment. But its all paid training and my boss just says Figure it out and that is what tech support is for.