Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Microsoft wordperfect envelope printing.

I have clients that print lots of envelopes using wordperfect 10 or 12. The Savin copiers print the envelopes great, but there are often paper size mismatches. I am able to get this down to the end user clicking properties, specifying paper size and bypass tray. Does anyone have any user knowledge on setting up wordperfect so the paper size will be sent to the print driver as the correct size and streamline the process. Thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    When Dealing with Custom Sizes or using the Bypass I usually install the driver a 2nd time and set it up for the specific purpose and call it say Envelope Printer or Labels or Checks Printer. Saves customers some hassles.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    I think Vulkor has the best solution. I have 2 accounts that print envelopes and they are both setup different. We just used trial and error to find what worked. The one we have the copier setup with Letter size and they tell the print driver to print from the bypass, the other we setup the bypass as envelope at the copier and they tell the print driver to use envelope.

I haven't come across word perfect yet but if you find a setup that works I'd add another printer instance, setup the defaults and name it envelopes like Vulkor suggested.

Because Word Perfect is Evil. Well not really, but it is known for ignoring Finishing Settings and Driver Preferences. You may Select Black and White and Bypass in your printer driver, but Word Perfect May Ignore it. I've spoken to Ricoh about this. Word Perfect always printed everything in color even if you set the Print Driver to Black and White. Turns out there is a Check box you have to check on another tab EVERY TIME you print. That got old so we installed The B&W equivalent driver and called it Black and White Copier and the customer was happy once again.

Thanks for the input guys. I have used that method before but the bypass tray wont remain the default tray. It does however eliminate a couple steps.

You should be able to set it as Default. I think the Ricoh program default editor can lock the print driver once you set it up. As long as its a supported machine and OS. No 64 bit

Can the Program Default Editor be downloaded from the Ricoh site or is it a software that I must purchase?

from the http://www.tscweb.net/ref/utilities.asp if you have the login. You will have to fill out a form to download it and they will email you a link to download the file. Yes it is free. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE!!