Okidata c9800 efi HDD formating

Does anybody know how to reformat an Okidata c9800 efi HDD part # 55090603, the system software is corrupted and Okidata's fix is to buy a new hard drive with the system software preloaded for $475.00. I don't feel like paying that much for a 20g HDD. Thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    I don't recommend formatting these HDD's because there's software on them. Oki ships these HDD's with EFI-software. That's the reason for the high price. The machine needs this software so it's not advisable to format it. I've had problems with a C9850, which would not boot properly. The only way to resolve it was to replace the HDD. Fortunately for me I got this HDD for free because the machine was 2 months old when it happened.

Thanks! it worked. Too bad there isn't a way to reload the hard drive software, as I know thats simply what the service tech did. Does anbody Know were I can find the software.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Acronis True Image is an excellent program for imaging a hard drive. You can copy the entire hard drive through this program for backup purposes. It will even allow you to copy the image from a small drive to a larger drive, so you are not held back by the advances of technology.

Complete hard disk recovery solution, backup, drive copy, clone and image computer software

Similar programs to this would be Norton Ghost, though I haven't used it in years because it was difficult/convoluted to use. I've heard it has changed since those days, though I would not know. Acronis has served my needs well.

Just be sure you copy the image before you do anything else with it, so you can ensure that the image is a "virgin" copy.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.