Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2050 - Unable to scan to SMB after update on Win7 x64

I really don't have the time now to make a detailed how-to, but we basically installed Filezilla Server onto the customer's troublesome PC and then, after creating a user with password (user:scan password:scan) and assigning a home directoy (desktop/scan) with write permissions, we configured the machine to scan via ftp.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

john-halo
    I was helping another connectivity tech with this same problem on a Lanier (same as Ricoh/Savin/Gestetner). Small difference though is we could scan to folder fine to all 32 bit Win 7 boxes but not to a single Win 7 64 bit box. I had tried the suggestion above about using the UNC path instead of browsing and it does not work on the 64 bit systems. We ended up setting scan to email for those users on the 64 bit systems.

BlackSun

Post Try this

I just had the same problem on a C2050 last night and finally got it figured out Ricoh tech bulletin #037 for the machine had a note for a different problem. My customer updated windows and the scan to SMB quit working after 4 hours of troubleshooting I went into the programs menu and deleted Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant as soon as I did that I was able to scan to SMB.

I also had to make sure that the destination folder Ownership was set to administrator and it had full access.

Hope this helps.

win7 X64 bit uses port 139 for services, causing smb errors.try using port 445.

john-halo
    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    win7 X64 bit uses port 139 for services, causing smb errors.try using port 445.
    Would you change the SMB port in the SP codes Craig? I just saw your location is Beaverton. My oldest son works for FedEx and lives in Beaverton. Beautiful area from what I have seen.

This is a common problem which is corrected by updating the firmware on the machine. Make sure you have the latest version and follow the proper procedure for updating the firmware. As a rule, when we are updating ANY firmware in a machine, we update all of it.

In some cases you still might not be able to scan to SMB by SMB hostname (\\Owner-PC\RicohScans) .. this can be worked-around by providing the host machine running Win7x64 to a static IP and providing the addressbook SMB address as an IP rather than hostname (\\192.168.1.200\RicohScans).

Have fun!

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I had this on a KM bizhub machine. Had customer run the windows updates and download and apply all (the next week on patch tuesday) and the machine just started working again. No change of settings just reload the updates.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

jquest

Re: Ricoh MPC2050 - Unable to scan to SMB after update on Win7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by DeeKaph View Post
    This is a common problem which is corrected by updating the firmware on the machine. Make sure you have the latest version and follow the proper procedure for updating the firmware. As a rule, when we are updating ANY firmware in a machine, we update all of it.

In some cases you still might not be able to scan to SMB by SMB hostname (\\Owner-PC\RicohScans) .. this can be worked-around by providing the host machine running Win7x64 to a static IP and providing the addressbook SMB address as an IP rather than hostname (\\192.168.1.200\RicohScans).

Have fun!
    Tks. You did the great job. It does work for me.

I just did the following:
    "Just use IP (\\192.168.1.200\RicohScans) instead of hostname (\\Owner-PC\RicohScans) !"