Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharp MX3501N

Technician
    I believe that I am down to network settings now with my problem. I thought I have followed the gmail setup instrucitons that you have provided, but the current message has to do with the POP connection. Attached is the setup screens. Does anyone see anything wrong with this. And thank you for everyone who has helped me through this process.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX3501N

POP.JPG
    I don't think it needs to POP before SMTP, so you shouldn't need the POP setttings. POP is only for receiving. Make sure you do have ut set up in Gmail though.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Technician
    Here is my gmail settings and I think this is set right. It still says connecition failed

pop.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX3501N

Tom, the only things I can think of, are increasing the timeout to 60 seconds & making sure the reply email is a valid Gmail account. It shows ME @ gmail.com. Most servers will require this to be a valid account on the mail server to be able to send.
    Beyond that, I'd try using wireshark to do packet captures. This should tell you exactly what's going on.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

AvisAustin
    It definitely should be updated. There are pages of information of the changes done.

Direct Loan Servicing
    Direct Loan Source

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by AvisAustin View Post
    It definitely should be updated. There are pages of information of the changes done.

Direct Loan Servicing
    Direct Loan Source
    I have updated the Firmware to the most current version. But I am still having the same email problems saying that it cannot connect to servers. I just have been too busy to work on the problem since I can scan to a memory stick as a fall back solution.

Thank you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The last screenshot you sent out is of the DNS server address. You can try putting in a public DNS to see if that will allow you to connect to the internet from the machine. Try these two numbers:
    Primary: 208.67.222.222
    Secondary: 208.67.220.220

From past experience you may also want to put in your ISP's DNS info or your Router's gateway address in one of those two fields.

Hope that helps.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcrandall13 View Post
    The last screenshot you sent out is of the DNS server address. You can try putting in a public DNS to see if that will allow you to connect to the internet from the machine. Try these two numbers:
    Primary: 208.67.222.222
    Secondary: 208.67.220.220

From past experience you may also want to put in your ISP's DNS info or your Router's gateway address in one of those two fields.

Hope that helps.
    Thank you for this. I will take all the help I can get. What gets me is how inconsistent this problem is for me. It has worked the last 3 times I have used it, but then the next time, it won't.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If it is an intermittent problem it may have something to do with authentication as well. Is the error code always the same. I believe CE-03 is the error code for Authentication failure. I recently had a customer with an ARM257 that would scan a couple times then not work for a few hours, then it would start again. I ended up diagnosing the problem by switching the mail server from theirs to mine (because I knew what the settings were supposed to be) and it worked every time. I have since notified their IT staff and told them it is something on their end.