Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    info !!!!!!!!!!!!!

When using a wireless adaptor or wireless bridge on the RJ45 port of the machine, the machine sees it as a regular wired connection, so it works with any equipment (copier, printer, scanner, desktop, laptop, netbook, PC, Mac, etc) that has a regular RJ45 network connector.

Maybe Google Translator can explain it better to you.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Run the other way from MFP wireless cards - they're mostly bad news - not to mention the price difference.

As my fellow members have added, a bridge is the way to go.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

friend mrwho thx lot for your better explain ...here you learne the fonction of wireless as other machine ..copiers or printers or others ..yeah the bridge is RJ45 ...well..then all network copiers for any brand can work in wirless ..it's clear..
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    yes ...RJ45 ...but ..all brand of copiers can work in wireless ?
    Ricoh does sell a "kit" but... that was a while back. I don't know if they do it anymore. I believe KonicaMinolta will have a Bluetooth kit that you can install. But, the wifi bridge will work on all of them. I use it all the time in OLD churches that we can run ether for.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Would something like these work?

Newegg.com - wifi bridge

Does anyone know the difference then, if any between a wifi bridge and those things called wireless print servers?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    info !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. I've used the D-Link before successfully. Even I could figure it out, so it must be easy. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    Would something like these work?

Newegg.com - wifi bridge

Does anyone know the difference then, if any between a wifi bridge and those things called wireless print servers?
    If you use a wireless print server, it will plug into the USB port on the MFP.

While printing would work, scanning, web pages, and any other additional tools or functionality would not.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Thanks Ken, that's good to know.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Though wireless printing is a cool direction to go, I sometimes worry about bandwidth issues. Sure, there are some fast adapters available, but you are limited by the lowest common denominator in some cases. Not all networks are well thought out. They can be a hodgepodge of devices all intermixed, some low quality, some good quality.

I've used wireless bridges on a few customers to date, and the leading problem is bandwidth issues, followed closely by random dropping of the connection. We found that these devices were limited by range and of course, some places have so much steel in the walls, interference.

About the only time I advocate wireless printing is if there is simply no cost effective way, or easy means to run cat5. Some environments may require additional repeaters to dealing with the interference and distance problems.

And of course, whether or not the machine is going to be high volume, and if it is colour or monochrome should also be considered. Not all wireless runs at full tilt. The weaker the signal, the higher the SNR, the slower the connection will be.

Even at home, I have wireless n in the laptop and router, but I prefer to use a cable if I am doing any kind of file transfer that goes beyond a hundred MB. It is just more reliable, nothing more annoying than having lost a connection during a file transfer.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Ricoh does sell a "kit" but... that was a while back. I don't know if they do it anymore. I believe KonicaMinolta will have a Bluetooth kit that you can install. But, the wifi bridge will work on all of them. I use it all the time in OLD churches that we can run ether for.
    Bluetooth is available as an option kit for the C360, C452-652 series and onwards. I am not sure about the monochrome, though I suspect the same generation of those will have the option. This is limited however, bluetooth is proximity dependent, and very low bandwidth. Good for printing out simple things like text...lousy for images unless the file size is really small.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.