Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Swamp

Tosh. Estudio 352 scan to email w/out a server?

Our non-profit organization just inherited a Toshiba E-Studio 352 with print/scan functionality. I got the printer side taken care of, but am having problems with scan to email. We do not have a server here, just a 24 port router. Whenever I try scan to email, it fails. I've tried a few things, but nothing has worked. I'm an amateur when it comes to network stuff, and we don't have the funds currently to hire a networking contractor, so any advice for a fix would be great.

Thanks,

Swamp

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Go to the website of the copier
    admin tab
    password (123456)
    then network tab.
    You need to set up the smtp server and client.
    This means that it needs an account on a server that it can send through. Even if the server is not local it needs access to it via the internet.
    You will need the server name
    address
    user account
    user password
    ssl settings (if needed)
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    For the SMTP settings, you can sometimes use the settings from your own email account. It will say something like :" smtp.gmx.com". put that in the SMTP settings of your machine. THere is a thread that talks about other ways if you do not have an email server. One suggestion was to setup a freee account at GMX. www.gmx.com. the info needed is your account name, and use smtp.gmx.com., the port is 25, and authentication is not needed.

If your just wanting to scan documents you can scan them locally on the HDD of the copier and just access them on there.

Which means you can cut and paste them onto your computer, from there you can attach them to an email etc.

From what I understand you have the copier networked, to access the HDD do the following.

-Get the IP address of the copier.
    -Get on a computer thats on the the network that can print to the copier, and open 'Run'. (Start>Run) or type, 'Run' in the search field if your using Vista or W7

-Type the following in the 'Run' window:

\\the ip address of the copier (eg: \\192.169.0.1)

-Hit enter

-A window will pop up. its the HDD of the copier, you will see a folder called \\file_share thats where the scanned docs will go
    -Create a shortcut on your desktop to this file (on the file_share folder right click > create shortcut)

Now, hit the scan button the copier, hit scan to file, place your docs in the doc feeder/or glass lol and hit start.
    Once done look in the file_share folder and you will see your document in PDF format.

Let me know how you go.

B.
    I WILL NOT BE GIVING OUT ANY FIRMWARE OR MANUALS, 2 MEMBERS TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THIS VALUABLE RESOURCE AND NOW HAVE SPOILT IT FOR THE REST.

laercio.garcia
    You can use any external smtp server available in the internet. I have already used a gmail account and it works just fine!

Enable SMTP Client : Enable
    Enable SSL : Accept All Certificates Without CA
    SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com (The DNS should be enable to use this)
    POP before SMTP: Disable
    Authentication: Login
    Login Name: (Username from the Gmail account)
    Password: (Password from the Gmail Account)
    Maximum Email/Internet Fax Size: 25 MB (maximum allowed by Gmail)
    Port Number: Usually 587, you may have to use 465 to make it work.

Hope it helps!