Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    scbrnaco

Fiery - General SMB Operation Error

I have a Fiery E7100 on a Lanier LD260c, which scans to SMB on a Windows 2003 server.

It scans to folder destinations that are already saved as Presets. However I can not scan to other folder destinations on the same server. When I attempt to add a new scan destination, I get "General SMB Operation Error".

The other folder destinations are all shared and permissioned the same as those "preset" destinations that the Fiery already scans to fine. All of my other non-Fiery Ricoh and Lanier scanners scan to these other folders without problem, using the same domain account and password that we use throughout the company. Folder permissions has been eliminated.

Things I have tried:
    IP address instead of server name
    \\servername.domainname\sharename
    \\domainname\servername\sharename
    domainname\username
    username@domainname

Oh, and this Fiery scans successfully to other servers on the same network. This is a problem between the Fiery and one 2003 server(non-domain controller). On the server, I have tried tweaking its SMB security, by setting:

Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Domain Member: Digitally encrypt or sign
    secure channel data (always) = DISABLED.

Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security options > Microsoft Network Server: Digitally sign communications (always) = DISABLED.

Still no luck, so I'm turning to the experts. Any ideas what my problem might be? Thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    have you tried adding the addresses this way:

select a preset, then touch where it says "SMB on", and up will come the path and user name and password. Then, just replace the folder name( ie "\folder1" with "folder2"), then touch ok. then save as preset.

scbrnaco
    Thankyou for the idea. Following those steps, about 5 seconds after touching OK, up pops the error "General SMB Operation Error" with just an OK button. It won't take me back to the screen where I could Save as a Preset.