Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jenicillin

garbled font EFI fiery CWS 4

Having an ongoing issue with PDF imported to fiery via CWS: one of the customer fonts (DINpro) consistently comes out as... Other... if i import the files. if i open the stupid things, file>print, it RIPs normally. yes, i could file>print all of them individually, but when i have 50 files that all need to be processed the same way, id infinitely rather batch process. so the question is: do i just need to install the font on the fiery? would that work? if i preflight, it comes up as an undefined PS error, so im leaning towards maybe its a font licensing issue?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Is it possible to re-distill the original files to new pdfs with the font embedded?

I know that Distiller has a batch (watched folder) feature.

That would tell you in a heartbeat if it's a licensing issue.

BTW... I'm having a similar issue with CWS 4 where tabs created in it don't print right with the courier font.; any other font I tried worked OK.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

jenicillin
    mph. when i try to embed DIN, it says something along the lines of 'the licensing for this font wont allow embedding'. so maybe so... since this is corporate, wouldn't they have an institutional lic. for thier own corprat-approved font on all networked machines? i don't know how it works on a network scale. thanks. time to figure out whos responsible for this particular corner of the universe! hopefully it fixes...

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenicillin View Post
    Since this is corporate, wouldn't they have an institutional lic. for thier own corprat-approved font on all networked machines?
    Not necessarily; it all depends on the Ts and Cs of the contract.

Would it be possible to substitute it with a look alike font? Or is the desired font "mission critical"?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins