Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Utax/Kyocera Job Accounting (pin codes) problems :/

Hi There,

I have a bit of a strange one, I'm running two Utax CDC1725's which is a badged Kyocera Mita TASKalfa 250ci we're using the Job accounting functionality to allow staff pin code access at the machines and via a popup from the networked PC's, Drivers located on the server and shared/distributed via a logon script do not send the entered pin codes to the machines with the documents resulting in an invalid user code error. However when added to the client machines locally it all works fine, I'd rather not manually install a couple of hundred local drivers :/ Any suggestions?

Windows Server 2003 with Windows 7 Client machines

Many Thanks

Tech7177

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Utax/Kyocera Job Accounting (pin codes) problems :/

If your objective is to send the same single job account code to every user, well yes, that can be done. But I don't understand the purpose of that.

Typically, the driver on the server is setup with radio button On "Prompt for job account code". the driver is then imported at each client. At that point you can leave it at "Prompt ... " or you can specify a job account code for the specific enduser at the client PC. Depending on permissions, you may need to log on as an administrator to make the change.

Did you expect that you could set up 20 job account codes on the server, then have the server know which client/enduser is supposed to have which code? How? It doesn't work that way. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    If your objective is to send the same single job account code to every user, well yes, that can be done. But I don't understand the purpose of that.

Typically, the driver on the server is setup with radio button On "Prompt for job account code". the driver is then imported at each client. At that point you can leave it at "Prompt ... " or you can specify a job account code for the specific enduser at the client PC. Depending on permissions, you may need to log on as an administrator to make the change.

Did you expect that you could set up 20 job account codes on the server, then have the server know which client/enduser is supposed to have which code? How? It doesn't work that way. =^..^=

Just to clarify, these machines are located in a school where each member of staff has their own four digit pin for accessing the copiers (stored on each machine's local address book). Being a school they log on to their PC's with roaming profiles all over the school (IT room, library, class room etc.) and when they select the driver and print, it prompts them for their four digit pin, when the job reaches the machine via the server the pin information is lost along the way resulting in the job hitting the machine with no pin, and the job is rejected as an invalid pin, as there is no pin. If the driver is installed locally on a client machine it prompts for the pin code, the job is sent and prints correctly as the pin entered is reconciled with the machines local address book.

It seems that when client machines pull the driver from the server is as if its not installing the full driver resulting in the code not being sent? :/

Many Thanks

Tech7177

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I see ...

I did have a situation on a VoyagerE on a big network, in which the print driver was not prompting for the job account code (even when the option was checked), and sent the job without a job account code. Of course the job was rejected. I never got a good explanation of what fixed it, but it turned out to be something about the client rights. The pop up only appeared when the admin logged in. It was a simple change ... sorry, that's all I remember.

I'll be interested in the specifics.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Ok thanks for the reply, If I resolve it, I'll let you know