Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: canon 8070

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

canon 8070

when trying to setup this 8070 to print we were adding a new port and when it asked to find the network card it cannot find it unless we tell it to look for a canon network printing device, is this normal or is there a setting that has to be changed?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    canon 8070

Re: canon 8070

are you using the standard TCP/IP port and is the machine already configured and attached to your network? If the machine hasn't been touched or is not physically attached to the network then you can not see it.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    are you using the standard TCP/IP port and is the machine already configured and attached to your network? If the machine hasn't been touched or is not physically attached to the network then you can not see it.

using stander tcp/ip port we are configured and attached, the problem was we could not find the printer on the network unless we told it it was a canon network printing device, my question is , is this normal

canon 8070

not at all. What type of OS are you loading the print driver on? Does the 8070 have a print boot-rom installed in it?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

not at all. What type of OS are you loading the print driver on? Does the 8070 have a print boot-rom installed in it?
    Charm5496 the IT guy was running windows 7 and the 8070 has a boot-rom in it, when we got to the point in where it went out to find the nic card in the 8070 we had to do it manually and tell the driver that we were looking for a canon network printing device nothing else would work? after that the driver loaded and prints fine!

canon 8070

Quote Originally Posted by hachetman View Post
    Charm5496 the IT guy was running windows 7 and the 8070 has a boot-rom in it, when we got to the point in where it went out to find the nic card in the 8070 we had to do it manually and tell the driver that we were looking for a canon network printing device nothing else would work? after that the driver loaded and prints fine!
    And you are loading it locally on the PC correct? I have installed drivers on win 7 boxes numerous times and have never seen that message. The one things that I am curious about is if you have the box checked for querying the printer to decide which driver to install? I always leave this unchecked and choose the driver myself.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

And you are loading it locally on the PC correct? I have installed drivers on win 7 boxes numerous times and have never seen that message. The one things that I am curious about is if you have the box checked for querying the printer to decide which driver to install? I always leave this unchecked and choose the driver myself.
    We were loading it on his laptop, I believe he did chose the driver manually

canon 8070

Well I have to say the message is out of the ordinary, but the end result is the same if you have all the finishing options that you need which is want you want in the end anyway.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Well I have to say the message is out of the ordinary, but the end result is the same if you have all the finishing options that you need which is want you want in the end anyway.
    I do believe it had something to do with windows 7 my coworker is running vista and had no problem

canon 8070

sounds like you are spot on my friend.