Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    mtech

SharpDesk Problem

I have multiple customers that call in saying they cant scan. The copier displays selected server not found. I go to sharpdesk product configuration and auto detect for scanners. After doin this, everything works fine. Is there any solution to keep this from happening?

Thanks

Re: SharpDesk Problem

What version of Sharpdesk are they using? Old versions like 2.7, 3.0 didnt work with networks running DHCP addressing well. If using vers. 3.2 or 3.3 are the profiles set to update automaticlly? Are they running DHCP? Is network scanner tools looking at the DNS name or IP adress. Usually using DNS is preferable. How often do they restart their PC's? The autoupdate feature on NST updates after bootup.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: SharpDesk Problem

Quote Originally Posted by m.verucchi View Post
    I have multiple customers that call in saying they cant scan. The copier displays selected server not found. I go to sharpdesk product configuration and auto detect for scanners. After doin this, everything works fine. Is there any solution to keep this from happening?

Thanks
    M,
    my suggestion is to enter the DNS settings in the network config of the Sharp MFP web page, then have the scanner send to the computer's names rather than their IP addresses, which are constantly changing, obviously.

2nd suggestion would be to set the computers to static ip addresses rather than DHCP, but this would require more work, and again, the DNS settings from the router.

-colgrimes
    Skelton Business Equipment Houston Copiers