Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aitaix

Job Accounting on Kyocera 3050ci

As the title says, I am working with two (2) Kyocera 3050ci machines.

The company wants job accounting codes. After some brief reading about this, I can connect it to the domain and use the existing user accounts from my Active Directory. I am running Windows Small Business Server 2011 Premium Edition, has anyone done this before or can give me some material to go from to do this? Or could recommend a better way to set this up?

Thanks in Advance

Dan

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Job Accounting on Kyocera 3050ci

I'll be watching this thread closely. We did something like this on a group of Stratos, FalconIII, VoyagerE, and Harrier machines. For about three days that is.

After setting up several thousand users on 50+ machines the CEO decided it was too inconvenient and had it shut off. In the long run I was very glad to have wasted only a week setting it all up. It could have continued to be a PITA for another three years.

Just imagine if your login was:
    username: Kosaslowski, Theodore
    password: ********

... and you had to enter it every time you did a copy, print, or scan. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have connected to Active Directory as far as scanning to email..very handy.

But codes don't really connect to AD unless you have like a card reader, and some Enterprise software to link everything up.

But as I understand AD has a boatload of printing privledges built in, so user x can't connect to printer y etc

I could be wrong, this was my experience on a big Konica setup we were involved in.

aitaix

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

Just imagine if your login was:
    username: Kosaslowski, Theodore
    password: ********

With my machine I can assign everyone to use a 4 digit code and that's all they have to enter on the machine or with enabling job accounting on Windows. I have >25 users so I won't run out of codes.

Technician

Job accounting on the Kyoceras are machine assigned, so completely seperate to AD. The best way to get Kyocera MFD and job accounting usisong AD is papercut MF. It uses an embedded application installed on the taskalfa and relays all scan/copy jobs to the server. It integrates users by AD which is fantastic and can batch import accounts. Although it can integrate AD users, client packages must be installed on each workstation you wish to monitor as it intercepts and halts the print jobs and relays it to the papercut server using a pin code.

Hope that helps

PaperCut is a god solution but Kyocera works with Equitrac which is a better but more expensive solutions. There are many other 3rd party solutions out there for job accounting. Here are the ones that I have worked with and support:
    nbeqo.com - Printing Solutions

Cheers,