Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alpha-omega tech's Avatar

Kyocera 300ci print driver issue

When installing the KX print driver to a network or on my laptop with a crossover cable(so I eliminate the network completely). The driver when installing will not discover the copier, so I do a custom install and when I am done installing the driver I try a auto config so the options on the copier are detected. I then get a message The selected TCP/IP port is connected to a network printer that does not match the current print driver. In order to use the auto configure feature, select a TCP/IP port that matches the current driver. I can ping this IP and bring up the command center. A universal driver will install and config and the KX driver even though it won't auto configure it will print. There is only one driver and and ip address so there is no confliction. The driver is taken from the Kyocera web site. Any ideas or has anyone run into this.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 300ci print driver issue

This will occur if you download the driver for the wrong model# - i.e. a KM-3050 driver will not find or auto-configure a KM-4050 or KM-5050, though the driver will print.
    that is the only time I have had that issue myself

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

When connecting directly to the copier did you manually configure the TCP/IPv4 connection? ie. different ip address on the same network (192.168.1.X) only last number changes, and same subnet. I aways set the gateway too but it does not make a difference, just habit.

Technician

Check if its the KM not and doesn't have the CS in the driver name

justinduckett

I am having the same exact issue on two 300ci's, I have re-done the firmware and have also ran a sim 21. plus have tried both drivers including the cs and km and both have the same outcome. I am going today to replace the whole print board to see if this will resolve the issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have had a few problems using windows explorer to down load drivers .they install with bits missing and command centre not working properly.

I now use firefox to download drivers and it seems much more stable.explorer doesn't come up with errors it just will not download correctly .

I don't know if this is any help .

hello
    try also to update with new firmware