Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    moeinck

Scan to SMB with Ricoh 3025

I am trying to setup scan to smb on a Ricoh 3025. I have 2 computer with Win 7. I have done all of the necessary steps, shared folder, user/password, path, port etc. The scan just comes back as error. Both of these computers are running Symantec Endpoint Protection.
    Is there something with this program that is keeping the scan from going thru? I have set up others with out an problems.
    I even ugraded the firmware with no sucess.Thank you for any advice

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Scan to SMB with Ricoh 3025

Re: Scan to SMB with Ricoh 3025

Go into Network and Sharing Center and make sure that File Sharing is enabled on both machines.

Also, take a look at SEP and see if you can add an exception in the firewall that says anything from the copiers IP address is allowed.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Service Manager 100+ Posts

Have you tried temporarily disabling SEC? Right click the icon and disable it while you try scanning.

I just set one up today and had to add "everyone" (with read only rights) under the sharing tab to be able to see the share. I just posted a few tips here. Double check the Security tab has all the permissions set too.

Also, what version firmware did you use? The NCS v5.12.5 fixes Win 7/Server 2008 SMB scanning issues.

josueol

try updating the firmware of the system and nib, and use the computer's IP number instead of computer name in the path field. Do not forget to check the network settings such as gateway and dns is necessary to use if you use the computer name instead of IP.

moeinck

I ahve enabled the file sharing and the exception for the port but not the IP address. This was not something I have ever had to do before.
    Read/write rights have been enabled for everyone.I tryied using the IP address of the computer but that did not work. I am not sure what version of firmware I upgraded to but was told by one of my tech's it was the most current, I can check that out. The only difference between these 2 computers and the others that I have done is this Symantec Endpoint Protection. I have spent alot of time on this one and it really has me stumped

Quote Originally Posted by moeinck View Post
    I am trying to setup scan to smb on a Ricoh 3025. I have 2 computer with Win 7. I have done all of the necessary steps, shared folder, user/password, path, port etc. The scan just comes back as error. Both of these computers are running Symantec Endpoint Protection.
    Is there something with this program that is keeping the scan from going thru? I have set up others with out an problems.

Just try this one

windows firewall advance security

Inbound rules

1NB-Name-In) file and printer sharing Port 137 UDP /--select Scope and add Machine Ip Address as remote

2NB-Session-IN) file and printer sharing Port 139 TCP / again machine ip as remote

3SMB-IN) file and printer sharing Port 445 TCP / machine ip as remote

here we go,it works fine

symthomas

Quote Originally Posted by moeinck View Post
    Both of these computers are running Symantec Endpoint Protection.
    If this is an unmanaged client, you can modify the Endpoint Protection firewall to allow for a port or application.

See - Firewall Policies on Unmanaged Clients - Enterprise Support - Symantec Corp. - Firewall Policies on Unmanaged Clients

If this is manged by your company IT department, then you will need to get them involved to modify the Endpoint policy.

moeinck

I did check these setting, it allowed all IP addressess. Does it make a diffrence it it says all or do I need to specify the machines's IP address?
    It it possibel this machines for some reason just will not scan using Windows 7?

Windows 7 can be lots of fun. It looks to me that this is being made way to complicated. If you check the following setting you should be good to go. First, is it windows 7 Professional or higher? When windows 7 first came out, you could smb scan on winv 7 home. Since then they have patched networking with updates and it simply will not work. If it is Pro or higher, make sure your folder is shared with full control. You will also need to add the user (Everyone) to the folders permissions with FUll Control. Then go to the network and sharing center, go to advanced sharing settings,
    Network Discovery should be ON
    File and printer sharing should be ON
    Sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files should be ON
    Select: Enable file sharing for devices that use 40- or 56 bit encription
    Password protected sharing should be ON

If you have all these setting correct you should be fine. If you can't get smb with these settings using computer names, switch the network paths to the ip address, for example \\192.168.1.25\foldername . If you do that you will need to make sure you set the ip addresses to static. If you have any question on the procedure for doing that, feel free to send me a message. With all of these settings correct there should not be any firewall issues or any programs to worry about. With windows 7, be sure you make necessary changes and then restart the computer before giving it a try. If you have any other issues let me know. Good luck!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts CorbinDallas's Avatar

As stated, Windows 7 Home does not play friendly in a network environment since it is not truly designed to be used in a business situation. Also try comparing Applications installed from the Control panel against those on one that works. You mat sometimes notice an odd or different application that could be affecting scanning.