Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ricoh Aficio 3500 - Scan Folder & Connectivity Issues

Just a suggestion, that series won't scan smb to windows 7 without a firmware upgrade.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Post Re: Ricoh Aficio 3500 - Scan Folder & Connectivity Issues

Quote Originally Posted by douglasdouglasv View Post
    Just a suggestion, that series won't scan smb to windows 7 without a firmware upgrade.
    I am having this same issue with different models of ricoh machines. mpc4500, mpc2550, etc.

Is there a place where listed are the machines which would need a firmware upgrade?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by akewldewd View Post
    I am having this same issue with different models of ricoh machines. mpc4500, mpc2550, etc.

Is there a place where listed are the machines which would need a firmware upgrade?

It is listed in the Readme of the firmware. Best suggestion is just to update the firmware. If the copier is scanning to other Win 7 computers, so it is likely not a firmware (machine) issue, but a workstation issue. That would be user/password or folder permissions issue.

Quote Originally Posted by akewldewd View Post

Unless your firmware is really out-of-date (and I do mean production dated here), these machines can easily scan to Windows SMB. You must make sure you are entering the correct username and password (if the username doesn't have a password assigned to it you will need to add one) and make sure the folder is properly shared (give everyone read and write permissions as well as the username first to test, then remove everyone once it is confirmed working).

There are plenty of threads on this topic with these and similar models.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Wingo, you need to call a Ricoh Tech for help at 1800-432-9787.

lola8888

Did you try logging off of the computer. Then log back on the computer. Then try it again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts redneckstylin's Avatar

how i get past all that crap is create a new local user name it ricoh and run high cypher stength password...that way you have all admin rights and just give ricoh user all permissions create folder on root of c drive orrrrr you could try direct i.p. aka \\192.168.1.1\scans

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Sounds like very much like a symptom of a user not being "Modify" or "Write" access to the Shared Folder. Right click on the shared folder and click Security" tab and check that the user isn't just given read permissions. Win 7 doesn't give users rights by default and they need added under the security tab.
    Thanks for the suggestion, all are appreciated. I have done this. I am usually able to connect now but ocassionally still find one that just won't. I think because of computer name changes that were made. I haven't tried the create a new account solution yet because I am thinking the old user may not be able to find certain folders and data if I do without having to sign back on to the old account. I wonder if making the new account an administrator or sharing all folders on their account may solve that issue. I guess I need to experiment a little.